Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where's the fuse box on a 96 Geo Metro?
Topic Started: Aug 14 2009, 11:21 PM (6,163 Views)
StevieC
Member Avatar

Can anyone help me find it? I want to check the fuses for the radio. I started a separate thread as I figured this would be helpful for anyone else with the same problem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crankcase

Should be about where left knee is (maybe a little to left of left knee) when sitting in drivers seat (under dash).

There is another one with all the big fuses under hood on driver's side next to fender .

StevieC
Member Avatar

What does it look like? Because I can't find it. There's a white box behind but it doesn't look like a fuse box.... and it isn't very easily accessible. Please tell me that isn't it!

jmarksbery
Member Avatar

That's it, remove the 3 screws on the panel under the steering wheel, the wide gray one and pull it out of your way, pulls straight back to ya. If you still need more access to the fuse box straight up is a #10 hex bolt, remove it, the other side on the kick panel is a thumb nut you can take off and the box should pull down for better access.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

From the wife's '96:Posted Image

StevieC
Member Avatar

Bad Bent
Aug 15 2009, 12:13 PM
From the wife's '96:Posted Image
Could you get a picture further out so I can make sure I'm looking at the right thing? It's right up in there... I dunno how I'm gonna get at it. :S

jmarksbery
Member Avatar

As it will look mounted;
Posted Image

As it will look loose, there will be a cover over the fuses and of course I have some plugs unplugged after I removed the steering column;
Posted Image

StevieC
Member Avatar

Oh boy, so what I saw IS the fuse box. I'm going to have to wait until Monday before I can do anything, I don't get home until 10PM and tomorrow we're out from 6AM til 11PM for a friend's wedding...

Then it's back to normal! I don't suppose you know which fuse is to the radio / cigarette lighter socket?

StevieC
Member Avatar

I finally got the hood open today. The hood is all bent up and wasn't springing up by itself, so I had a friend pull on it while I pulled the lever. I adjusted those little black springy black things to make sure it comes up by itself next time.

Whoever rigged the light switch in did so with a crocodile clip directly to the positive terminal on the battery. I really want to fix this wiring issue - I miss having a radio!

StevieC
Member Avatar

I just replaced the 'ACC' / accessories fuse in the fuse box, this brought my aux power / cigarette lighter socket back to life. However, the radio still does not power up.

I'm going to buy myself a voltage tester (an investment I've been putting off for too long now) and see if it's getting power. Perhaps the stereo is fried.

trejo2011
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Do you guys by any chance know which fuse belongs to the Signal Lights ?

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Welcome to the forum, trejo2011! :coffee

Click on Fuse Boxes; Jittney's post ans see if that helps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply