Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chad's Build Thread; Just like energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going and going!!!!
Topic Started: Oct 20 2009, 11:59 PM (11,977 Views)
Potter
Member Avatar
Col. Potter

Coche Blanco
Dec 31 2009, 12:40 PM
So what makes more power? low comp + high advance or high comp + low advance...
With a trubo the lower compression will make more power since thats what Chad is gonna be going for.

but N.A engines you get more power with Higher Compressio.

if i remember right :-/ been in the body shop too long :stoner your mind starts to go after breatheing in all that fiberglass, bondo, primer, paint, clear, ect.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chads4dr

yeah but actually ill be higher compression, the factory turbo 3cyl was like 8.3:1, a stock metro is 9.5:1, and I'll running around 10:1 :D so im kinda limited in the boost dept, I can run low amounts with no probs though

chads4dr

!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE WITH PICURES !!!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved the first batch of many shipments of parts, since I know we all love to see pictures I snapped a few of the new parts!

Felpro Head Gasket

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uhh Ohh, not the updated version? How do I enlarge the hole? :D

Posted Image

Oxygen Sensor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oil Pressure Switch

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Motor Mounts

Posted Image

Posted Image

1.3 Cylinder Flywheel from Ebay "I need to sand" But it is much lighter than the G10 flywheel and it was only $30!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess this piece....

Posted Image

Goes here, there weren't any instructions lol

Posted Image

New Sachs Clutch Kit! "For 1.3 4cyl gt"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by chads4dr, Jan 3 2010, 04:17 AM.

chads4dr

Yeah that 1.3 flywheel is MUUUCCCHH lighter!!!! I cant wait to see how she revs without having to spin up that extra weight on the crank! I wonder if that affects how high it can rev, or just the spin up time. 8000 revs here we come!!, JOKING OF COURSE!!! 7grand should be doable now, i did it when it was stock :D
Edited by chads4dr, Feb 9 2010, 10:39 AM.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Can't say about the flywheel. :dunno

:popcorn Thanks for the pics.... I'm jealous. :drool
:lol

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

yah, nice photo parade :popcorn almost like christmas all over again :)

obaja
Member Avatar
Diesel Power

What a nice way to start the new year!!! The lighter flywheel will help your engine spin to higher rpms faster but you will lose some torque (less weight=less momentum at lower rpms). I had an oil fart a few weeks ago, i posted in a thread so that got me worried about my compression. I might be doing a rebuild sometime too so this thread will help, thanks.

chads4dr

obaja
Jan 3 2010, 02:33 AM
What a nice way to start the new year!!! The lighter flywheel will help your engine spin to higher rpms faster but you will lose some torque (less weight=less momentum at lower rpms). I had an oil fart a few weeks ago, i posted in a thread so that got me worried about my compression. I might be doing a rebuild sometime too so this thread will help, thanks.
Thanks, Glad to help you back! You helped alot with your spring cutting guide and when you did your 365/222 cam install, its what prompted me to do both things to this car!

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

Saying that you lose torque may not be 100% true, but i'm not going to question it.

You may want to tone down the number of pictures (just saying) you really only need 1 or 2 of a motor mount.

I don't know about a lighter flywheel revving higher, or being better for a DD, but if you want to install it go ahead. I will say this, keep your old one.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chads4dr

Coche Blanco
Jan 3 2010, 04:11 AM
Saying that you lose torque may not be 100% true, but i'm not going to question it.

You may want to tone down the number of pictures (just saying) you really only need 1 or 2 of a motor mount.

I don't know about a lighter flywheel revving higher, or being better for a DD, but if you want to install it go ahead. I will say this, keep your old one.
Yeah, too many of the motor mounts, I'll cut it down to two. :type

Dallas

Coche Blanco

its perfectly fine for a DD. I had mine lightened too. it will drive a little different at first, but for such a low power engine it was meant to have the higher stored energy. it wont hurt a thing, infact, you will like it

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

Dallas
Jan 3 2010, 06:10 AM
Coche Blanco

its perfectly fine for a DD. I had mine lightened too. it will drive a little different at first, but for such a low power engine it was meant to have the higher stored energy. it wont hurt a thing, infact, you will like it
What are you saying? You said it had a higher stored energy, but then you said it was lighter. Which one is it?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dallas

Coche Blanco
Jan 3 2010, 01:28 PM
Dallas
Jan 3 2010, 06:10 AM
Coche Blanco

What are you saying? You said it had a higher stored energy, but then you said it was lighter. Which one is it?
hm yeah, my wording was a little off sorry. what I meant was that a stock 3cyl was designed to have more mass due to its lower power, but the fact hes going with a lighter one wont actually hurt. plus more room for a bigger clutch simply means this is the "upgraded" flywheel mod for the 3banger. factory turbo ones use that flywheel too

billy508
Member Avatar
billy508

Back a few years ago, everyone played with light flywheels and harmonic balancers. Light flywheels lets the engine "snap up or rev up very quickly. The down side is that when you engage the clutch the lack of mass(weight) causes the engine to drop in rpms more than with a heavy flywheel. So its a trade off, if you can launch with a light wheel you are good to go. But if you want to pull wheel stands and long burnouts(kinda tuff in a Geo) it is easier with a heavy flywheel. Over looked is the harmonic balancer. i had some very good results with a big block chevy playing with balancers. Geos are light, The lighter wheel should work just fine. :banana :banana :banana

chads4dr

yeah its not like I bought a lightened aluminum flywheel, its still got some weight, and like dallas said they installed this flywheel from the factory onto the 3cyl turbo cars, also thats another thing, if I decide to turbo, Im going to need a bigger clutch....z34 5speed had a factory clutch and he was using clutch disks like they were going out of style with that monster lol :D It will be just fine!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply