Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
fuse boxes :/; Help with Fuse boxes
Topic Started: Nov 22 2009, 04:47 PM (15,042 Views)
BrenBren
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
:smackface it would be a ton of help if someone could take a picture of both the fuse box under the hood and under the dash in a 92 geo metro lsi ....when i was taking the wire harness out of my wrecked geo i didn't think anything of taking a pic of them until i came to them and was like WHAT :banghead and im not that good with wire diagrams for the most part and i don't want to put something in the wrong place and fry somethings and have to put more money into something that should have been very easy in the first place to fix.

I have put all of everything from my 92 geo metro lsi convertible in to my new 90 geo metro xfi hatchback (including the engine and all interior) anything would help :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

I probably won't be of much help unless you think my '91 is close to what you want.
Posted Image
I can get one of under the dash if you wish.

BrenBren
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
that would be helpful if you could, most of them have the same plugs i just need a gist of wat all goes were and from there i can use the wire diagrams

metromad

While I am not a big fan of referencing other websites, there is already a nice picture of one here: Fuse Box Cover '94 and Earlier

Does that help?
Edited by metromad, Nov 23 2009, 12:02 PM.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar

And new ones I took...
Posted Image '91 engine bay

Posted Image '91 under dash, drivers' side.

Posted Image

Enjoy! :thumb
Edited by Bad Bent, Nov 24 2009, 02:40 AM.

undgsx-R
Member Avatar
Self Certified Garage Mechanic

On my 95 is the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side?

Bad Bent
Member Avatar

:hmm Yes, it should be....
It may have a cover on it with a list of the fuse and it's corresponding system (dash, radio, horn, yeda, yada). May not.
Lower right corner of pic #3 is the black clutch pedal arm.

But don't take my word for it... look around under there now while your not freaking about having blown a fuse miles from nowhere and it's raining out. I'd keep a little fuse puller in my glove box with some spare fuses. B-) ^o)

Woodie
Member Avatar

All Metros have two fuseboxes, one under the hood right by the battery and one above your left foot which is officially called a junction box but is in reality a fusebox. The under dash one comes with a fuse puller and a couple of spares right in it.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar

Woodie
Nov 24 2009, 07:40 AM
The under dash one comes with a fuse puller and a couple of spares right in it.

True, true. Unless the P.O. was a DS who used the spares and lost the puller thus contributing to making the car a POS that I could buy for $300. :D Main fuse (yellow) in the engine bay box was blown. :smackface
I'd be POed but I saw it coming when I got my car. B-)

mcmancuso
Member Avatar

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I need to know what fuse does what in my 91 vert. Both fuse box covers are missing along with the manual. So... I have no idea what fuse goes to what system! the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual aren't really any help :( Does anyone have a good pic of either the covers or a scan of the manual page with the diagram? Thanks!

Jittney
Anchorage 92 XFi

Using Bad Bent's 91 pictures and my 94 metro owner's manual from my glove box...
Top Picture - Main Fuse Block
1 - Air Conditioning Relay
2 - Air Conditioning Relay
3 - Fuel Pump Relay
4 - Fuel Injection Relay
5 - Generator to Battery Circuit (60 Amp)
6 - Horn (50 Amp)
7 - Junction Box (40 Amp)
8 - Air Conditioner (30 Amp)
9 - Fuel Injection (15 Amp)
10 - Air Conditioner (15 Amp)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Bottom Picture - Instrument Panel Fuse Block
1 - Left Headlight: High Beam Indicator (10 Amp)
2 - Right Headlight (10 Amp)
3 - Parking Lights; Side Marker Light; License Plate Lights; Instrument Panel Lights (15 Amp)
4 - Fog Lights (15 Amp)
5 - Hazard Lights; Horn (15 Amp)
6 - Ignition System; Gauges; Warning and Indicator Lights; Radiator Fan Motor; Automatic Transaxle Speed Sensor (20 Amp)
7 - Heater; Air Conditioning (20 Amp)
8 - Stop Lights (15 Amp)
9 - Lighter; Radio (15 Amp)
10 - Backup Lights; Turn Signal Lights (10 Amp)
11 - Rear Defogger (20 Amp)
12 - Front and Rear Wiper/Washer (15 Amp)
13 - Not Used (20 Amp)
14 - Not Used (15 Amp)
15 - Not Used (10 Amp)

The space below #12 is for testing codes. If you have a spare 15 Amp fuse, put it in there, turn the key on and the Check Engine light will flash. Flash...pause...flash/flash is 12 and means all clear. For the rest of the codes, see JM's code printout.

Jittney
Anchorage 92 XFi

Posted Image
In the interest of accuracy, I took a picture of my 94 Instrument Panel Fuse Block and it is the same setup as BBs 91 (except I see that the PO was indiscriminate about placing some of the fuses to read upside down... and my spare fuse is only a single 15 Amp... will have to fix that)

mwebb
Member Avatar
FOG

Jittney
Apr 7 2010, 10:55 PM
Posted Image
In the interest of accuracy, I took a picture of my 94 Instrument Panel Fuse Block and it is the same setup as BBs 91 (except I see that the PO was indiscriminate about placing some of the fuses to read upside down... and my spare fuse is only a single 15 Amp... will have to fix that)
fuse values are color coded
look at them a bit
you will see a pattern
hint
all the 15 amp fuses are blue ....
all the 20 amp fuses are ....yellow
and so on

you do not need to see the values stamped on the fuse to know the value of the fuse

mcmancuso
Member Avatar

Color coding is nice :) thanks guys!

Bad Bent
Member Avatar

Jittney, really nice piece of work with those pictures. :thumb :thumb

:news ...and what a concept: spare fuses actually in sockets IN the fuse box. :smackface

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply