Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
convertible door hinges
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 11:09 PM (1,217 Views)
cabman
[ *  *  * ]
does anyone know of a source for the hinge pins?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mcmancuso
Member Avatar

92 nissan pathfinder pins/bushings, get them from napa or the like, usually have them in stock

cabman
[ *  *  * ]
woohoo I just might have a dry convertible in a few days. my top should be on Tuesday and with those pins my windows will then seal. thanks

snow.bucks
[ *  * ]
I kept reading here abvout "1992 nissan pathfinder bushings and hinges will fit the metros."

I got the Dorman 38397 and its not even close - too long...and both bushings are the same while some say they should be two different sizes that come with it ?!?! And, you'd think the horseshoe lock pin would come with it - nope! I have the '91 vert.

ANYONE with a vert get the hinge pins? What number - Dorman #38397 ain't it!
Edited by snow.bucks, Mar 24 2011, 06:50 AM.

mcmancuso
Member Avatar

They do work, I'm using them in my 'vert right now. Yes they're long but they still fit. Both bushings are the same size, and they fit correctly. I just reused my old pins since they were fine (bushings were worn) You can use the pins long, or you can cut them with a hacksaw, its not like they're going to come out if they're facing down.

geogonfa
Member Avatar

did mine in all the verts and 90 XFi...autozone/ motormite # 38397

snow.bucks
[ *  * ]
OK...the extra length had me. I assume take off the horseshoe clip and tap it out the bottom...then just put in the new bushings and tap in from the TOP down and you don't even need the retaining clip. Why upsidedown with the clip on the top to begin with ?!?!?!? I got the #38397, like $4.00.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Body/Chassis/Interior · Next Topic »
Add Reply