Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryans Geo
Topic Started: Nov 8 2010, 10:06 PM (30,256 Views)
dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

Bryan, since you have nearly replaced every single part in your metro, shouldn't it be worth about $8000? Really!! You have put so much love and time into it, it's about time to sell it for the maximum profit. Really!!

All kidding aside, you are doing very good work on your metro. I hope this adventure has taught you some of life's great lessons. Patience, acceptance, willpower, fortitude, hope, ambition, and most of all, Love to the ones you truely care about.

God Bless you, Bryan. Good work :thumb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

I'm having some trouble with my rpm gauge. Its fluttering up and down all the time and isnt showing an accurate reading. I took it out of the dash and cleaned it all up and cleaned the ports and its still doing it. Is there a sensor on the engine that might just be loose?

Thanks

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

bumpy

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

bump

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

:/

mcmancuso
Member Avatar

what kind of RPM gauge is it? does it connect to the #1 plug wire or to the ground on the coil?

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

Its the stock kind that comes in the stick shift geos. *some dont I know*

I found that there was a plug unplugged next to the intake. for the life of me I cant figure out where its suppost to plug in.

Does anyone have a digram that shows where everything plugs in that area.

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

It was just that same coolant plug that broke when I first got the car. i'm gonna swap it out tomorrow then start checking grounds. Ugh

feetchermancj

BryanTheGhostRider
Jun 18 2011, 11:19 PM
Well Ive gotten my money all squared away and I have enough to get a few things done.

1. Upgrade the headlight assembly
Previously I had a set of these and they were great, but a wreck took em out. So I'm ordering a new pair.

http://tinyurl.com/63t6f3x

2. The bulbs that come with them are H4's which are pretty bright, but I really want to use HIDs so I ordered these in 4300k.

http://tinyurl.com/4yte9cp

3. Tomorrow I'm going to a friends house to do some welding on the geo. I have a crack on the floor boards that is slowly getting bigger and there are a couple of factory holes in the foor that I want to seal up.

4. Im trying to find some paint on blue truck bed liner to paint the floor in the car with. So far I havent found any that I like.
Do those headlights connect to the original harness?

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

The lights that come with the headlight assembles do. Beware they are complete crap. The assembly is what you want. DO NOT use the bulbs that come with it. They always overheat and then you get this dark smoke residue all inside the assembly that is a pain to clean. I decided I'd give it another go while I was waiting on the HIDs and it happened again. DONT USE EM. Go get yourself some HIDS or some silverstar H4 bulbs to put in it instead and you'll be happy with it.

Just installed the new HID bulbs and all I can say is F*#& YEA! Very bright, takes about 5seconds to warm up, and exactly what I wanted. The Bi bulbs have a shiny metal casing that goes across the tip of the bulb to keep it from blinding people The housing actually works for the projection lens and they don't use nearly as much power. When I'm using regular bulbs I can hear the rmps drop a bit (rmp gauge isn't working right :?) But with these bulbs thats not really a problem. They only use 35w vs the 100w bulbs I was using and they are so much brighter.

I also installed my new 10inch BOSS sub last night. Its one of those condensed kinds that takes up less room so you can put it in a smaller box and get a bit more outta the smaller box. It sounds great. I also got a big heat shield carpet pad to put on the floor before I truck bed liner it in. Geos running great and I'm almost done with her :) couldn't be happier with it. :)

feetchermancj

I ordered those headlights and just plan on using different bulbs. :rocker

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

I'd suggest silverstar.

The current bulbs get too hot and will melt the housing so dont use them at all. The guy I bought the lights from is sending me out a new one since the bulb he supplied melted the housing. I rigged in the HID on that side and you cant tell, but since it wasnt my fault I want to get my moneys worth :)

------------

Well today I was idling with the AC on and the belt started to smoke then proceeded to brake before I could get to the bay. (was in driveway) I looked down at the compressor and noticed that one of the screws snapped and its all set in there slightly crooked now. I'm about to run to the junk yard and grab a new set of bolts for it and a belt from orilleys. :)

DesmondGhostRider
Member Avatar
Is that a challenge?

After looking online for a answer to why my rmp gauge is fluttering all the time I've found the reason. My transmission ground is loose. I found a honda civic form where a guy replaced his clutch and then his rpm gauge was fluttering, this scenario match perfectly with mine. So I went outside and sure enough its a bit loose. I dont have any tools with me to fix it, but I'm gonna tighten her back up as soon as I get home :) I'm getting pretty good at figuring out how to find my own answers instead of just relying on you guys :)

Metro Fanatic
Member Avatar

Bryan, I've read alot of your posts here. Do you have any current pix?
Thx!

Jittney
Anchorage 92 XFi

Bryan, I am amazed at how you have plugged away at this ungrateful car.
Keep up the great work :thumb
If you tackle all of life with this same persistance, the sky's the limit. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply