Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
can I use a instrument cluster with tach from a tracker
Topic Started: Nov 27 2010, 07:02 PM (970 Views)
93_16v_sohc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
a buddy has a 98 tracker that he is puting a v6 in and i wanted to know if i can use the instrument cluster it has a tack and can i maybe you the throttle body the tracker is a 1.6l sohc 16v
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

Hmmmmm, doubtful. Look on ebay at the tracker clusters with tachs. Look for any pics of the rear of the cluster. Then look at a metro cluster. I bet they do no look alike, thus would not work. You will need to become a detective with a sharp eye.

snail
Member Avatar
Twinkie guru
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would doubt that would be a plug and play mod. With a lot of time and wiring diagrams any cluster would be possible, but that it a lot of work for a tach.

91 ragtop
Member Avatar

I just looked on E-Bay and the 96-98 tracker cluster looks identical to the 92-98 Metro tach cluster. As long as it's going from 4 cyl to 4cyl I would put my money on it being plug and play.
Ken...

93_16v_sohc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I will give it a try and let you guys know it free

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

For free, I would give it a shot ;)

Woodie
Member Avatar

Warning lights might be different, but the gauges will work.

Get the intake, head, and exhaust manifold. They all flow better than the G13.

93_16v_sohc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Woodie
Nov 28 2010, 07:12 AM
Warning lights might be different, but the gauges will work.

Get the intake, head, and exhaust manifold. They all flow better than the G13.

i dont know if they will work the motor sits different

Woodie
Member Avatar

Oh, that's right, my bad. I was thinking of the G16 Esteem.

BenDC85
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
93_16v_sohc
Nov 27 2010, 11:04 PM
I will give it a try and let you guys know
...so did it work?

I want to do the same thing

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Hi-Tech Redneck

BenDC85
Aug 4 2013, 06:00 PM
93_16v_sohc
...so did it work?

This post is from 2010. Doubt you get a reply :timeout
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mjspiess
Member Avatar

What: Instrument Cluster with Tachometer & Tripometer
For: '92-'01 Metro/Swift
Donor Vehicle: '92-'01 Metro/Swift & '96-'98 Tracker/Sidekick/X90
Modification required: None. Although it may be beneficial to pull the speedo cable from the donor car as it is a little longer & double check the "idiot" lights, since the features of each car may be different. Example: Rear Defrost, etc. Also, be sure if your Metro is a 3 cylinder, you are pulling the cluster from a 3 cylinder & vice versa for a 4 cylinder. '89-'91 instrument clusters are shaped differently & will not work for the '92+ Metros. Some Metros/Swifts have a tripometer, but no tachometer as well if you want a simpler way of keeping track of mileage. You can use a 4 cylinder tachometer in a 3 cylinder, but you need to convert a 4cyl tachometer to 3cyl. A Tracker/Sidekick/X90 cluster can be used with minimal modification. The dummy light strip is shaped differently from the Tracker vs Metro & needs trimmed to shape. Move the dummy lights accordingly. Th temp. sending unit wire needs to be moved over one pin.
Why: Able to see engine RPM & track mileage easier by using the tripometer, rather than doing math at each fillup :)

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3946668/1/

I have an instrument cluster from a '97 Metro 1.3 4 cylinder for sale. I can convert it for a 1.0 cylinder if needed.

vr4

BenDC85
Aug 4 2013, 06:00 PM
93_16v_sohc
...so did it work?

No. It doesn't work.

Idiot light pins are all different among other things.

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

as long as the idiot lights "light up" at all then its fine. just cut them out and MOVE them to the "right" spots. no big deal.

I wonder how hard it would be to put a G10 into an X90. REALLY intrigued by the X90's

mjspiess
Member Avatar

A Tracker/Sidekick/X90 cluster can be used with minimal modification. The dummy light strip is shaped differently from the Tracker vs Metro & needs trimmed to shape. Move the dummy lights accordingly. The temp. sending unit wire needs to be moved over one pin.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply