Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Southern California Geo Metro
Topic Started: May 26 2011, 01:29 PM (1,176 Views)
C.B.
[ *  * ]
Hello,
I just joined this forum. I have a 1995 Geo Metro base model 3 cylinders 1.0 Liter with 5 speed manual transmission. It is a base model but it has Air Conditioning so that has its own extra value here in Sunny Southern Calif (115-120 degree weather in summer). It has been in our family since it was bought new from the Chevy / Geo Dealership. I have pretty much been the mechanic for most of its life, except a few times when I did not have time to do it myself. It did not need much just oil changes and timing belt and regular maintenance.

The little Geo has been very good to us and even to a few other family / friends to whom we have loaned it out to a few times when they had car problems with their own cars. This car has been a life saver as it has taken me to places without letting me down when I needed it. It has been on the freeways, in the mountains, in the desert / sand dunes, and just about everywhere except in the snow.

Right now I am currently doing a Cylinder Head gasket job and while I am there, I am going to do the bottom end too (thanks to lurking on this forum and putting me straight). I am no mechanic but I try to do my own work on my own cars / motorcycles. It has 190,000 miles on the odometer as it sits in the garage right now. The only reason it got hot was due to a sensor wire coming loose and not turning on the radiator fan. It was my fault cause I steam cleaned the engine and put too much pressure where I shouldn't have :smackface . I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't blow it up while doing the Top and bottom of the engine.

The metro is not perfect but hopefully I can keep it running for a few more years. My 16 old already said he gots dibs on it when he gets his license.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Geo Glenn
Member Avatar
What's in your engine?

Hello C.B.

Not related to Coche Blanco, are you? :D

C.B.
[ *  * ]
No, but coche blanco has been used to describe my Metro.

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

You're going to cause some confusion around here. haha
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

C.B.
[ *  * ]
If I sabotage myself any further with my metro I will change it to C.B.D.A. (DA referring to how smart I am for overheating my geo) or saboteur or something like that.

C.B.
[ *  * ]
Quick note: I am looking for a Timing Belt Cover for my 95 Metro any 94-98 will fit i believe unless others will also fit. I already posted on the classified section.

I was following the Cylinder Head Guide posted on this forum but my remove and replace skills took a back seat to my dismantle and destroy skills.

econoboxer
Member Avatar
I am the one on the left.

Welcome. C.B., and good luck with your project.

RobotsAteMyArms
Member Avatar
Space Junkie

Hey there and welcome. Good luck with the head gasket job, too!

wizard93
Member Avatar

No pictures? Oh crap...

Posted Image

Welcome to the forum!
Edited by wizard93, May 27 2011, 02:59 PM.

C.B.
[ *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is a couple pics of bone stock Geo Metro. Excuse large pics, they are all that I have.
This was my daily driver

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
You can't tell but its got new tires, new rear brakes, new rear bearings, new front brakes with new rotors, new axles all done about 5-6 months ago. It sat for a bit when I overheated it (3 months ago) so now I have to put in a little elbow grease and get it back on the road. I have been riding my nighthawk 250 for the meantime, but summer weather is coming fast and I need some Air Conditioning.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Welcome to your new forum, C.B.! :coffee

Yep, nice looking Metro you have there. :thumb

hammertoed
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Welcome

N0JRS
[ *  *  * ]
I had a bit of good luck with my 98 Metro. I was all upset paying $28.00 for the timing belt. I felt better when I discovered that a previous owner had pinched the AC compressor wire between the cover and the head. The new timing belt replacement was $28.00, and the air conditioner repair, one fuse, was $1.50. Welcome to the forum. this is a great group of gear heads. I am currently working on a 1974 Hodaka Super Combat Wombat. Have you ever heard of it? I am also doing a 1972 Ossa Pioneer. Keep the rubber side down.

convertible

Welcome to the forum. Nine metro. Hope you enjoy.

Stately
Member Avatar
Geo cheerleader

Welcome! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply