Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Engine Rebuild
Topic Started: Sep 29 2011, 06:16 PM (614 Views)
gtd53
[ *  * ]
I'm trying to find the step by step rebuild with photos I saw here a couple of months ago. I don't see a search mode here so can someone hook me up with a link please? I have a 92 1.0 G10 engine. Thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Big Rhino
Member Avatar

Take a look here,

http://geometroforum.com/forum/486462/

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

There is a search feature. Just scroll up a little bit and you will see: Search, Members, Forum Rules, Portal, Live Chat, Your Posts, New Posts.

Simply hit the search button and type in your search criteria.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

See if any of these help:
98 Metro Rebuild
Engine Rebuild Top and Bottom
Detailed 1.0 Head Rebuild Guide
Bottom End Rebuild Guide
Rebuilding Hydraulic Lifters
Engine Torque Specs
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gtd53
[ *  * ]
I am now putting my rebuild back together. Problem is my thrust bearings for the crank have two manufactured grooves on one side of each bearing. I can't remember if they go out or in. Any help please? Thanks.

Sinequa
Useless Twit
[ *  *  *  * ]
The grooves face toward the crank faces. Away from the block.

gtd53
[ *  * ]
Thank you. I've got another one. I have what looks like a brass check valve with a small slot that looks like for a screw driver to fit into. It came out of the top of the block where the head meets. It fell out of a small hole. I saw this in my last engine when I replaced the head. Can someone tell me what this is and shouldn't it be secured in the hole? Thanks a bunch guys.

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Oil check valve and yes, you want it in the engine.

Click on Oil Check Valve post by Geo Glenn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shinrin
Member Avatar

It just sits in it's hole. When the head is back on it can't go anywhere, but when the head is off it likes to take a walk down the street, explore new options, and generally rethink it's life.

gtd53
[ *  * ]
You make me laugh. Thanks for the help guys. I don't know what I would do with out this site. Keep up the great job.

gtd53
[ *  * ]
I have another question. I am just about done rebuilding top and bottom and would like to know what the break in process is? Such as how long before changing the oil and driving limitations. Thanks again guys.

Sinequa
Useless Twit
[ *  *  *  * ]
I go about 20 miles on the first oil and am gentle with it, then change to 5-30 and drive it normal to fairly hard for 1000 miles. Then goto a synthetic and drive normal and change out every 5000. On this however opinions are like butt holes everyones got one.

Scoobs
Member Avatar
Decal Vendor

hehehe my favorite area, heres how we broke in the new motor in my Gercedez Menz project, go look at the page, also heres the vid

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z207/aerialfox07/a5cbec49.mp4

gtd53
[ *  * ]
I installed the new oil pump, crankshaft seal and water pump with just the gasket. Should I have used sealant?

Shinrin
Member Avatar

The only thing agreed on, is change the oil. Put something like 100-500 miles on it, and give it a change.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply