Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project "EcoMudder"; Geo Metro Mud Machine/ Bug Out Vehicle
Topic Started: Oct 1 2011, 04:55 PM (56,554 Views)
Scoobs
Member Avatar
:D

I talked to my mechanic about using the atv tires on my metro, after talking it over i dont know if it will be a good idea. Thats more weight than what is reccommended on the tires. Plus the Ply ratings, you might be better off just getting a 14" rim, and get a rougged tread recap on a high ply 14" like 8+
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Posted Image

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Maxxis/Maxxis_mud_bug.htm

27X8X12 :hmm

Lil red metro

That tire looks very aggressive. I don't think weight is much of a factor when you won't be driving this on the highway. Only about 400 lbs per corner. Have fun with your toy. I may have to come out to Yankee Lake to see this. :thumb

Scoobs
Member Avatar

Wow, Those are friggin sweet looking.

offroadohio
[ *  * ]
Steved82971
Oct 5 2011, 06:57 PM
I talked to my mechanic about using the atv tires on my metro, after talking it over i dont know if it will be a good idea. Thats more weight than what is reccommended on the tires. Plus the Ply ratings, you might be better off just getting a 14" rim, and get a rougged tread recap on a high ply 14" like 8+
most atv tires that are designed for hard offroad use will have more ply rating than a passanger tire.

Alot of atv tires are 6 ply rating, were p rated tires are usually 3 or 4 ply.

Wieght certianly isnt an issue, do you think the 4 seater side by sides running atv tires fromt he factory wieght much less than these metros, they probalby wieght more once wieghted down.

I ran atv tires on my tercel 4wd wagon and drove it to and from the trail.

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

I LIKE the look of those :thumb and I think you should be fine running either. It has been done before, after all. Here -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2337440/1990-geo-metro <- in fact :

Posted ImagePosted Image

3tech
Member Avatar

I highly recommend a set of 95+ springs

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=17990&highlight=rallycross

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

I do have a set of springs from a 97, so those will go in next. Another issue is the lower rad support. I will be relocating the radiator, so that lower member (see pic on first post) needs cut off and located higher. I have a lot of work to do, but got all winter long so stay tuned!

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

If it's a mud "bog" type thing you're more than likely just going to get stuck. If it's a "trail" thing, you stand a good chance of showing a lot of the guys up...

Either way, I'm watching this unfold, and good luck. :)

Scoobs
Member Avatar

I gotta get my buggy project moving on its own, if im going to have any fun this winter with it.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

About 15 miles from my house, a new mud park opened up. Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway is now hosting a "Truck Night" on Saturdays and they had a sneak preview this weekend. It's a very nice place, but check out the mud track. It's setup like a motocross track and would be perfect for the EcoMudder project..........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They also have a tug of war pad, trail ride through the woods, and mud pits. Very similar to Yankee Lake Truck Night. I can't wait till the start of next season.

Coche, you are correct. A mud bog is not going to do anything but get me stuck if it's deep enough, but the course seems like it's going to be a blast.

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

But where is the mud????? I see a few tracks through some weak@$$ed soupy trails, but no real MUD. Hmmmm........somebody needs to turn on the sprinkler and let it run for about a week.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Most of the muddy areas were near the mud pits..........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

Now THAT looks like FUN! :drool :wub: Can't wait to see a metro running through it! :popcorn

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

I have a feeling the metro is going to do really well...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply