Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My Custom Headers
Topic Started: Nov 4 2011, 04:08 PM (44,803 Views)
nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

yeah bizzare. I will try and take a picture from that same perspective and overlap.

what I do know is my existing downpipe fit and slipped onto my existing header fine.

but the new header it does not fit. I had to "FORCE" it on by bending it a little.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hotrodfeguy
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Maas, I also am in the Appleton area give me a call I can help you in the shop as I worked at US tire and Exhaust. And I also went through the FVTC welding program, and have been a longtime racer I know a few things about primaries and collectors, I see a few things I would love to talk to you about in person about improvments to your headers. I am not after any money or anything just want to show u some stuff I see.
B-)

starscream5000
Member Avatar
Got 70 MPG?

Maas562
Jul 22 2012, 02:10 PM
Starscream, it will definitely be done by then. I just finished up two headers for other members this weekend and got started on yours. I'm looking at the end of the week to have it done.
Haven't heard from you in a while. Were you able to get this done?

starscream5000
Member Avatar
Got 70 MPG?

Maas562

Aug 11 2012, 06:11 PM
Hey it is done, but for some reason i thought palooza was next weekend and i didn't get the header shipped out in time. My apologies.

Still no header and no response from my PM...

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

he is not the most communicative but he will come around just got to be patient. remember not a company or store just an individual.

got to get mine off and back to him so he can modify it a little :-)

Maas562
:)

Starscream, You should receive it in 5-7 days.

I haven't been able to get on here much.

Working 12's at the actual job and coming home to work until about 10pm on local side jobs other than headers, sleep and repeat. About 15-16 hour days. Been hard to catch a break. Kind of backed up ATM.

Thanks for hanging in there.

starscream5000
Member Avatar
Got 70 MPG?

No problem, I just get worried when I send you something and see that you've been on here since I've messaged you and still no response. :)

starscream5000
Member Avatar
Got 70 MPG?

Picked up my header from Maas at the post office today.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
He's flipped the collector around now so that it doesn't have any clearance issues with things under it.
Posted Image
O2 bung is now after the collector so all exhaust gasses meet it.
Posted Image
I requested a larger EGR pipe than what he makes with these standard.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

snowfish
Member Avatar
Basic GearHead

Those are Beautiful! :drool Can't wait to see mine. :wub: Nice job StarScream5000! :rocker Maas562 is truly an artist. No rush on mine. Letting it simmer a while is fine. ^o)

mwebb
Member Avatar
FOG

big improvement over the original design
especially 02 sensor location
and everything else
still
primary tubes appear to be un equal volume and
diameter is too large

primary volume should equal displacement per cylinder which is 331cc

where is the collector ?
the cat ?

g10killz
stan
[ *  *  *  * ]
i NEED one.

Maas562

So order one ;)

kel

I need one too... I put my order in back in spring of this year.

Maas562

Kel, I never made a cat replacement section yet which is what you wanted. All I have is the long tubes which bolt up before the cat. Also you mentioned getting a TT brace. I was unsure if the headers work with the brace.

I also never received a down payment or any payment for that matter.

kel

Maas562
Oct 6 2012, 05:55 PM
Kel, I never made a cat replacement section yet which is what you wanted. All I have is the long tubes which bolt up before the cat. Also you mentioned getting a TT brace. I was unsure if the headers work with the brace.

I also never received a down payment or any payment for that matter.
I don't remember you ever telling me to send a down payment or else I would of been more than happy to do so. I sent a privite message but it must of not got to you. I wonder if an oval tubing at the bottom would make clearance with the under aluminum brace? Another idea how about headers that swing directly to the right of the motor then down?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Intake and Exhaust Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply