Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Compression Test; Out of curiousity
Topic Started: Nov 5 2011, 09:18 AM (491 Views)
WJK
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wondering if any of you do the compression test alone. I don't have anyone here to help me out and hate asking friends that live a 1/2 hour away to come and help me do something like that.
I am going to do it on my own and hope for the best. I am assuming that the gauge reading stays until it is reset.

Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

91 ragtop
Member Avatar

I do them by myself with no problem. I pull all the plugs, unhook the coil wire , dissable the fuel supply, hold the throttle wide open and crank it over for about 5 seconds. The guage should hold the reading till you push the button to release the pressure.

Ken...

WJK
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Ken

captain1.0

It is easier and quicker if you have someone cranking the engine over for you. You could connect a remote start button to your starter and making sure your car is in neutral with the parking brake pulled and crank it over yourself with a remote start button from under the hood. One lead of it goes to your positive battery terminal or your terminal on your alternator and the other to your small spade connector on your starter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-remote-starter-switch-35448.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply