Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
cluster swap
Topic Started: Nov 12 2011, 12:54 AM (1,629 Views)
HelterSkelter
Member Avatar
#1 Pizza Driver

will a 95 cluster with a tach fit on my 94 ? my 94 didn't come with a tach, will i be able to get the tach to work? will this require a lot of wiring and stuff?

what years are compatible with my geo?
Edited by HelterSkelter, Nov 12 2011, 12:56 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mjspiess
Member Avatar

What: Instrument Cluster with Tachometer & Tripometer
For: '92-'00 Metro 1.0 3 Cylinder
Donor Car: '92-'00 Geo/Chevy Metro LSi 1.0 3 Cylinder
Modification required: None. Although it may be beneficial to pull the speedo cable from the donor car as it is a little longer & double check the "idiot" lights, since the features of each car may be different. Example: Rear Defrost, etc. Also, be sure if your Metro is a 3 cylinder, you are pulling the cluster from a 3 cylinder & vice versa for a 4 cylinder. '89-'91 instrument clusters are shaped differently & will not work for the '92+ Metros.
Why: Able to see engine RPM & track mileage easier by using the tripometer, rather than doing math at each fillup :)

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3946668/1/

HelterSkelter
Member Avatar
#1 Pizza Driver

so it just plugs in? i was looking at pics and there are plugs? how will i get the tach to work? is there a how to ? i looked, not too thoroughly, and didn't find one.

Shinrin
Member Avatar

The speedo cable plugs into the center, and there are two big plugs, one on each side. Takes some wiggling but it's plug and play if you got the right year/engine type.

KY Metro
Member Avatar

Er, make that: Speedo plugs in left of center, and there are three plugs, two larger and one smaller on top. The big ones can be a PITA to remove, but they snap right in.

Posted Image

You can use other clusters (4 cyl, tracker clusters) but it's more work. See thread: http://geometroforum.com/topic/4573576
Edited by KY Metro, Nov 12 2011, 09:46 AM.

snowfish
Member Avatar
Basic GearHead

HelterSkelter
Nov 12 2011, 01:42 AM
how will i get the tach to work?
They're factory wired for tach signal.

With the correct tach cluster, meaning 3cyl to 3cyl, 5spd to 5sp, etc, it's plug and play. :thumb

http://geometroforum.com/topic/666017/1/

Like mentioned, verify your warning lights. Bulbs can be removed from the annoying ones like seat belt and door ajar.

I set up mine to be just "a car". :drivin Not one that will try to protect me from myself. :lol

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

snowfish
Nov 12 2011, 01:12 PM
I set up mine to be just "a car". :drivin Not one that will try to protect me from myself. :lol
Me too, in fact, in that very spirit, I have stripped away all the unnecessary evils of the last 200 years ! I reveal to you my new "just a car" car !!

Posted Image

:D

Hugothegrunt
Member Avatar
Uncle Sam's Metro Club
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
bogs
Nov 12 2011, 02:26 PM
snowfish
Nov 12 2011, 01:12 PM
Me too, in fact, in that very spirit, I have stripped away all the unnecessary evils of the last 200 years ! I reveal to you my new "just a car" car !!

Posted Image

:D
What kind of mpg's you getting in that Bogs?

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

I would drive that :-)

Scoobs
Member Avatar
Decal Vendor

put a 3 cyl on the back and away you go!

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

I found 3 cylinders to be too much power for this design, and so stripped away the 2 additional cylinders thereby reducing the rotational mass.

As you can see in the picture, I also simplified the drive train to a simple chain design, getting rid of the overly complicated gearing of a manual transmission. 1 speed automatic baby! :lol

Scoobs
Member Avatar
Decal Vendor

lol, almost like driving a truck thats a Direct drive..... Lmfao. Starter up and it becomes a toyota, keeps moving foward....

HelterSkelter
Member Avatar
#1 Pizza Driver

can you swap 4cyl to 3 cyl and have it work?

wizard93
Member Avatar

That design actually works well with a Briggs & Stratton engine and a centrifugal clutch. :thumb

HelterSkelter
Member Avatar
#1 Pizza Driver

HelterSkelter
Nov 12 2011, 09:41 PM
can you swap 4cyl to 3 cyl and have it work?

back on topic..... :whistle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply