Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will a cluster with a tach from a 96 with 3 cyl work in a 92; Interchange with a speedo cluster
Topic Started: Dec 13 2011, 08:44 PM (461 Views)
Bigr2009
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok my friend is about to scrap a 96 and it has a tach instrument cluster. I am wondering if this will work in my 92
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mjspiess
Member Avatar

What: Instrument Cluster with Tachometer & Tripometer
For: '92-'00 Metro 1.0 3 Cylinder
Donor Car: '92-'00 Geo/Chevy Metro LSi 1.0 3 Cylinder
Modification required: None. Although it may be beneficial to pull the speedo cable from the donor car as it is a little longer & double check the "idiot" lights, since the features of each car may be different. Example: Rear Defrost, etc. Also, be sure if your Metro is a 3 cylinder, you are pulling the cluster from a 3 cylinder & vice versa for a 4 cylinder. '89-'91 instrument clusters are shaped differently & will not work for the '92+ Metros.
Why: Able to see engine RPM & track mileage easier by using the tripometer, rather than doing math at each fillup :)

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3946668/1/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply