Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
craigslist xfi $1000
Topic Started: Apr 22 2012, 11:48 AM (3,178 Views)
Maas562
:)

This one is fairly close to me. The seller doesn't give much info but $1000 sounds like a good deal to me assuming no frame rot.

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/2972564409.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

unless he has some explainations that are good that is not an XFI note color matched bumpers DIFFERENT bumpers

make sure you check that VIN number.

Alpine
1020cc G10 GOML

LSI

arollinstone
Member Avatar
On a Mission from God

Also if you look closer, it looks like it has a mirror on the pass side which the xfi should'nt have.

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
Geo Stalker

It's obviously an after-market paint job. Could have painted the entire car the same color and added bumpers and a side mirror. I personally think it's a phony ad. No phone number listed.....c'mon man!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maas562

Wasn't really planning on buying it. Was just curious what you guys thought. I don't know the tell tale signs of an xfi. I emailed the lady and she said it's manual with little rust.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

from the presentation, it still looks like it's well worth $1000. :D

if i found one like that i'd be on her doorstep in a second waving cash under her nose.

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
Geo Stalker

Definitely have to email the owner and ask for the VIN. I like the uni-color and the paint appear to be even. Not much rust I can see on the rockers.

Maas562

The only reason I'd buy it would be to resell it. Depending on it's condition I'd either sell my 95 and keep this one or just pedal this one off right away.

Assuming it might be an xfi what's it worth with no frame rot?

Standard 3/5's have been selling for $1800 plus around here lately, if you can even find them that is.

bennie442

Maas562, given your neck of the woods, make damn sure that there isn't rust that will make this car a bomb, otherwise, it looks to be a great buy.@ arollinstone, my co-worker and I both bought 1993 year end close out xfi Metros. Both have passenger side view mirrors. You cannot discount a passenger side view mirror as a non xfi item. That said, the color is not what I have seen from the factory, meaning that the bumpers that are painted are the result of simply the car being repainted. There is however another non xfi item that may indicate fraud. The xfi did not have wheel covers, only a center cap. However, I got tired of repainting my wheels and bought hub caps like in the picture. Like Nerey said, check the V.I.N. If that car is indeed an xfi in good shape (no typical rust) JUMP ON IT NOW!!

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

a real XFI with minor to now rust will EASILY nab $3000 to $5000 on ebay at current gas prices.

$1500 to $2500 for a 3/5 non XFI. on ebay.

half those prices or lower off ebay.

it is a nice looker. pass mirror is NOT a decider for xfi as some states and some drivers REQUIRE it which is why it was an "option"

I wear glasses so they require me to have that mirror which is odd since its the one I don't use at all for the most part. but hey the state feels it has the need to "mandate" something even if there is little medical reasoning for it so "they do"

:-) hehe

geo pet
Member Avatar
" my strange addiction "

Alpine
Apr 22 2012, 12:33 PM
LSI
if it was an lsi it would have flush mount headlights and the rear hatch would be painted black down both sides , and an xfi would NOT have that lower door and quarter side trim on it either , get the vin number and post it please i think its a base model with after market paint . hmmmm ?
Edited by geo pet, Apr 22 2012, 07:04 PM.

climbinghalfdome
Member Avatar
MPG OCD

I was kicked out of a Wrecking yard yesterday. The 1990 car said "Swift 1.3" on the tail, and "METRO" in black decaling over the entire passenger door. Guy was super temperMENTAL and very delicate to talk to. Anything could set him off. I put a jack under it to get the tire off the ground, then put the thing in 5th gear. Gave it the trany test and its a 3.79 for sure. I offered him $300 and he said no way. "Do you have a title?" I asked that triggered a 10 minute rant. I then noticed that there wasn't any compression while doing the trany test. "Its been parked for 10 years. It just needs new rings and head gasket." I said. With that he lost it and yelled "ITS NOT FOR SALE!" and kicked me off his personal junk yard. In the back of my mind I wonder how much it was worth? Last regestered in 2002, critters had been nesting in it, and not a lick of rust here in Idaho.
Edited by climbinghalfdome, Apr 22 2012, 07:21 PM.

Woodie
Member Avatar

Definitely not an XFI, and definitely not factory paint. There was no silver in 93. Looks pretty nice though, if the front horns aren't rusted out, it worth $1,000 for sure.

JeremiahEdward
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know, that looks a lot like my XFi if mine were painted all one color... or maybe my eyes aren't adept enough at spotting the differences?

http://geometroforum.com/topic/4702025/1/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pictures/Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply