Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scangauge Guide for Metros; what it should read
Topic Started: May 22 2012, 11:10 PM (862 Views)
evmetro

I don't have enough knowledge to offer on this, but have often dreamed of a pinned thread on here that would go over each value displayed on the scangauge and what it should read for our various Metros. While a lot of us have no business with these values, most of us share the tinkering spirit and are curious, if nothing else. Mwebb, don't worry... we can't really "do" anything with the scangauge. Just wanna look. Anyways I wonder if enough members were to post info about the screens that they do know with certainty, maybe the data could be compiled into a pinned thread and become a good reference for our community...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

iamgeo
Member Avatar
Is that a fact....or just a rumor?

I have wondered what reading others have for the TPS. I know at idle, which is about 800 rpm, my TPS reading is at 12.

evmetro

I will watch my tps and others tomorrow and report...

iamgeo
Member Avatar

Also, my speedometer and the Scangauge ll read the same MPH till after 45 mph. The speedo reads slower the faster I go. The SG ll reading is accurate, reads the same as my GPS. 60MPH on the Geo's gauge is actually only 57 according to both the SG ll and GPS.
Running stock tires and rims.
Edited by iamgeo, May 22 2012, 11:24 PM.

evmetro

I kept track of my tps this morning. 10 to 11 at idle, 71 doing 85.

Also watched MAP. 4.6 to 5.6 at idle, 6.6 to 7.5 ecodriving 43 mph, 71 going 85. 2.6 on decceleration.

I am not sure how to cut get info from other threads quoted to this one, but I was thinking that if we had some average readings from a few members and then quote an mwebb write up on that components function, then we could have a really nice reference. Maybe once we get some good info going, a new thread/guide could be organized into something more useful?

evmetro

I am thknking that there are enough mwebb write up in the arcives that could be organized into this guide so all that would be needed would be some average readings from members. Could also incorporate the mp guino into it? Ok, I'll quit rambling for now...

iamgeo
Member Avatar

Going to need a bit more info. What is your idle speed? Would be better to post the TPS reading at more realistic speeds. Perhaps 50-60 mph.

evmetro

Good point. Not everyone keeps the speedo buried. I'll get some more notes tonight on the way home.

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

evmetro
May 23 2012, 10:04 AM
I am not sure how to cut/get info from other threads quoted to this one, but...
The easiest way to do what your thinking of would be to have 2 windows open, one with say, this thread (and the reply you want to paste the quoted information into) and the other with the thread you want to quote from.

Then use the quote check box to select the material you want to use, copy the text, and paste it into this window. Here is a small picto-example -
- 2 browser windows , quote box, quote button
Posted Image

- copy quoted text
Posted Image

- paste quote
Posted Image

- what it looks like in the thread
Posted Image

and that is pretty much the fastest way to do it. Keep in mind, if your initial post gets too long, the board might decide to cut you off at the knees, so to speak.

evmetro

Bogs, I have not gotten enough interest from anyone to persue it much more. I was thinking to use this thread to gather some data / averages and the compile that with some mwebb quotes to back it up into a new uncluttered thread.

If anybody out there is interested in this idea, post your votes! If not, I'll not invest the time...

iamgeo
Member Avatar

At 57mph my TPS is 22.

evmetro

Mine was between 21 and 23 at 55. Seemed like more inclined to the 23 with the ac pumping. All results so far are in 96 3/5 hatch w/ ac.

I suspect the lack of interest for a scangauge guide may be due to a lot of OBD 1 metro owners. It looks like many of the heavy posters around here have the pre 96 variety. I may still get a pad and paper and make some notes over the next few days on what all the screens display while she is running like a top, and keep it in the glovebox for a quick reference or post it if there is more interest in tbe future. Iamgeo, I will keep comparing notes here as long az you like.

bogs
Member Avatar
Duct tape heals all wounds

evmetro
May 24 2012, 07:54 PM
Bogs, I have not gotten enough interest from anyone to persue it much more.
Could be that, could also be that not a lot here have the Scan gauge ? I don't know since I don't think there was ever a formal polling around here as to how many actually got one :dunno

starscream5000
Member Avatar
Got 70 MPG?

We need one of these for the Ultragauge as well. I use the TPS % reading on the Ultragauge to know how far I've got my foot on the gas pedal. On the Ultragauge with it floored it doesn't read 100% Throttle opening, more like 76%, so it's not a an actual fair indication of how far open the throttle plate is at any given time, just a good reference point for what position the throttle needs to be in to get you to your target speed.

Example: On a flat road with no wind, my aerodynamically modified car takes a TPS % of 18.0 to get to 45 MPH. The instant MPG for that tends to be around 68 MPG

iamgeo
Member Avatar

Since the Ultragauge and the Scan Gauge ll read the most, if not all, of the same things, there is no reason why both readings can not be posted here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply