Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Proper firing order for 1.3L 1995 Geo Metro?; Need help, where to plug in on distributor cap?
Topic Started: Aug 9 2012, 07:01 AM (1,119 Views)
puzzledeagle
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Hello, I recently got a 1.3L I4 1995 Geo Metro but it was in really bad shape. The spark plug wires weren't even intalled and broke apart when I pulled them off the spark plugs. Now I bought new spark plug wires but am a bit confused as to where to plug them in on the distributor cap. Where do I plug them in? I found a firing order on Google but am not sure if it's right, see picture.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Kim John Mu

Posted Image

puzzledeagle
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Johnny Mullet
Aug 9 2012, 07:14 AM
oh ok thanks, so this is the right order than? Spark plug 1 goes to the uppermost point?

Posted Image

captain1.0

A lot of times number 1 is marked on the distributor cap, not sure on yours.

JoeBob
Member Avatar
Why you Mutt!

Worst comes to worst...just hook up #1. Try the starter. If it kicks back, backfires, etc., you have the wrong spot on the distributor. Move the wire on the distributor and try again. If it tries to start, or actually does start, you've found #1.

Old trick from the '30s or maybe before...learned it from my dad...always worked for me...
Edited by JoeBob, Aug 10 2012, 01:36 PM.

captain1.0

Heres a cap from a 3 cylinder showing the number 1 position.

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply