Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rear window trim removal?
Topic Started: Jan 24 2013, 11:30 PM (629 Views)
jasonhensley
[ *  * ]
How do I remove the rear window lower trim molding on my 96 GEO METRO HATCH BACK. pics. or video any thing?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

geopat

the glass on the hatch or the side of the car?

2000Firefly1.3L
Member Avatar

should be held in with four screws

nwgeo

I need to remove the rear side window on a 96 metro. Anybody do this.

I have done this on the 89 to 94 and that is pretty straight forward but not on a 96 or newer.

Don't want to mess up the trim or break the window of course.

Wow this is an old thread. (I have searched the how to's and googled removal for geo metros on the forum and only found this old thread)

freegeo
Member Avatar

On the 95 up hatchback, the rear side glass has to be removed with piano wire. It is glued to the body.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nwgeo

Thanks Freego! Yep, I was able to take the trim on the side window out with much persuasion and carefulness... $6 at PnP. After starting to get the trim out I could see that it was glued in. Oh man yeah piano wire effort is not a lot of fun, but I can do it if someone does not get them first or break them.

evmetro

A flexible putty knife works wonders for the rear side glass

geogonfa
Member Avatar

Found this to work well when removing a side glass... :type
Harbor Freight;
Windshield Removing Tool # 60298
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

Putty knife or butter knife heated up works good for thick spots in the urethane or corners of the window.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Tech and Tool Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply