Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
G10 short block?; Just the bottom end
Topic Started: Feb 9 2013, 02:33 PM (297 Views)
Tinker1980
Member Avatar

Can the Short block for the G10 be purchased? I can rebuild the head, but would like to just be able to bolt it onto the block and put it in the car. I've found prices on the entire engine for around $1600, but I don't feel I need the entire engine - I'd just like to rebuild the head, and if I can, but the block, crank, rods, and pistons ready to go and already assembled.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Geo Glenn
Member Avatar
What's in your engine?

$1,250 for a short block, here. Bored oversize, crankshaft turned, etc . . . all new limits and clearances.

Send me your head, and I'll install it.

I'm pretty picky about what heads go on my engines. What are you planning on doing to the head?

Tinker1980
Member Avatar

I was going to order the SS exhaust valves, new intake valves, clean or replace any bad lifters, mill it flat lap the valves and put it back together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply