Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
12" tires
Topic Started: Mar 24 2013, 12:03 PM (3,916 Views)
Joe Dirt
Member Avatar

looking for a good long lasting 12" tire for my metro i've used the "classic" brand 155r12 before and they wore out super fast on my old festiva and would like to not use them on my metro what have you used that's still avalible and how long did they last.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kingthursday
Member Avatar

ill look at what i got and let you know they have been pretty good for me (120 miles a day for at least 8 monthes

Joe Dirt
Member Avatar

kingthursday
Mar 24 2013, 02:46 PM
ill look at what i got and let you know they have been pretty good for me (120 miles a day for at least 8 monthes
awesome just let me know

Shinrin
Member Avatar

For the price of four new 12s, you can probably get 4 new 13s and rims to go with them

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

Do a 13" upgrade, unless you are a trueist. I cannot believe how much money 13" tires cost. I passed through the auto section of wallyworld the other day and 13" EXTRATRAC 2 are $42 each now. I remember a couple of years ago I got the same tires for $25 each. Dang. Used to get new shoes for a little over a hundred bucks and now its over two hundred. ARGH

Joe Dirt
Member Avatar

dayle1960
Mar 24 2013, 06:38 PM
Do a 13" upgrade, unless you are a trueist. I cannot believe how much money 13" tires cost. I passed through the auto section of wallyworld the other day and 13" EXTRATRAC 2 are $42 each now. I remember a couple of years ago I got the same tires for $25 each. Dang. Used to get new shoes for a little over a hundred bucks and now its over two hundred. ARGH
id like to keep my speedo correct and use my 12" turbo sprint hubcaps ^o)

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

Simply pop in a speedo gear from a 95+.

Joe Dirt
Member Avatar

dayle1960
Mar 24 2013, 09:37 PM
Simply pop in a speedo gear from a 95+.
yeah but then i cant use my hubcaps :cheers :O

i really just wanted to stay with the stock wheels at this point

dayle1960
Member Avatar
Fastest Hampster EVER

12" tires will cost you a lot more than 13's when the time comes. Heck for the price of 13's you could buy new hub caps. :D

Shinrin
Member Avatar

I'm with you now Joe. I'd stick with 12s if you have nice hubcaps.

91 ragtop
Member Avatar

Try these guys. After the $50 discount and $30 gift card they should be about $148 shipped.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySize.do?sw=false&cs=155&ar=80&rd=12

Ken...................

lookinforlinks
Pittsburgher
[ *  *  *  * ]
I stayed with 12 inch tires and found them at tires-easy.com. :thumb I bot 4 Yokohama's for about $200, shipped to my door. Your mechanic should be able to mount and balance for $10 a tire. They don't look like they have the yokohama's anymore but they have a selection.

Tires-easy

Good luck!

Joe Dirt
Member Avatar

kingthursday
Mar 24 2013, 02:46 PM
ever get a chance to look ?

plan to buy in the next 2 weeks

dont want something thats shot in 10k miles or less

rjsdotorg
Member Avatar
R E Member

I have a set of 12" with caps, tires have less than 1k

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Stay away from Nankang tires. Pure junk.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tires/Wheels/Bearings/Brakes · Next Topic »
Add Reply