Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Side skirt installation
Topic Started: Aug 21 2013, 12:51 AM (1,180 Views)
jousting jay
Member Avatar

Hi guys! I bought a pair of side skirts from zooke581, and here is a how to guide on how to install them on a 93 vert LSI!
First things first, grab a cold one... :beer :thumb

Posted Image

Here are the skirts, before repainting them

Posted Image

Sand them up a bit with some 80 grit, so the primer grabs

Posted Image

Primer applied

Posted Image

Paint applied, just wait to dry. I know they were already black, but I painted my Metro with chalkboard paint :)

Posted Image

After drilling holes with self tapping screws underneath to mount (I couldnt get a decent photo of that), here is what it looked like once mounted. Take note that the trim on the side is in the way...

Posted Image

Peel it off with a screwdriver, and prep it for paint

Posted Image

Painted!

Posted Image

Now, there is a slot on the skirts (near the rear of the car) for a bolt to slide into, line it up and screw in a self tapping screw like so

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes the sticky stuff is still on there so you will get it off quick with an angle grinder with a wire wheel on there. Here is how it looks from the holes in the front

Posted Image

The back

Posted Image

The side

Posted Image

And done!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robisaurus
Member Avatar
Cherry popped 01/14/12

Lookin' good!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guides/How to · Next Topic »
Add Reply