Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I need a harness for
my stock sealed beams. 1 (33.3%)
my composites. 2 (66.7%)
my sick new H4 conversion 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 3
Group buy on custom fit headlamp wire harness!
Topic Started: Sep 20 2013, 12:46 PM (1,851 Views)
compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

I'm going to be building a headlamp relay harness to fix the sub-par wiring our Metros and Swifts came with.

This simple kit will include:
Wire harness made from 12 gauge wire
2 SPDT 30/40 amp automotive relays
10 zip ties
2 self tapping screws (To mount relays on firewall)
1 Replacement bolt (Relay positive to under-hood distribution block)
Bulbs and harness will be protected by 2 15 amp inline fuses
Detailed step by step installation instructions with photos

Each harness is hand built and tested by me personally on my very own daily driver.
Direct fit to all 95-01, composite, sealed beam, H4 conversion? You name it, I'll build it!

All kits can easily handle 100+ watt bulbs high and\or low beams :deal

Price for just 1 of these run upwards of $40 before shipping so I'd like to see a group buy.

I need 10 participants willing to spend $30 plus shipping for one of these kits.
I can do reduced shipping if you need more than one kit.

Who's interested? Expected ship date is 2-3 weeks after 10th person pays for their kit.
Edited by compjake, Sep 20 2013, 12:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

Depends. got pictures? quality of relays? how much is shipping? Can I get it with loop ends? better quality wire option?

nickb803
NickB803

Would this work for the 1993 model as well? If so Id be interested provided I could see pics before..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

I don't have pics, I haven't build the final kit yet. Relays are the same ones Scoobs bought a large pack of awhile back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pc-12V-30-40-AMP-RELAYS-12-VOLT-CAR-ALARM-RELAY-AUTO-/271208357791

Shipping will probably be flat rate, but I need to know location of most buyers before I can set a shipping rate or I maybe do $35 shipped?

The wire I use is 12 awg 100% OFC, the kit is good for 2 130+ watt bulbs so no need for higher quality wire.

It may fit a 1993, but I don't have a Metro older than 1995 so I can't promise it will. Best I can say is it SHOULD fit.

If no one feels safe buying before seeing pics I understand. If 10 of you will pay 50% of final cost I can build the first few kits to get photos. BUT until then, I don't have pics and can't get them until I have deposits.
(my cost to build all 10 of these is over $200, I can't take a chance on that kinda cash if no one wants the kits)
Edited by compjake, Sep 20 2013, 07:59 PM.

z34-5speed
Member Avatar
Formerly "Tech Certified"

I'd be in. Kinda a hodgepodge car though. Mine is a 95 with factory composites, but i've swapped 00 composites into it.

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

If you can tell me what plug it uses like a part number or provide a photo of the plug I can build it for you. :)

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

you have to have built a prototype or one for yourself. SO post pictures of that.

lets be honest. your charging $30 for around $6 to $8 in stuff. now that is not actually a bad deal. most of the cost here is the labor and not having to do it oneself. but its also not "so" difficult we can't do it ourselves. but if the quality is good enough and it looks nice etc.. I will gladly pay $30 to not have to do it myself :-)

wire quality is less about amperage and more about abuse and corrosion and the elements over time IE want it to last :-)

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

Cost to build just 1 is ridiculous, if I already had large stock of parts yes they would be made cheap but when you have to buy almost all the parts; bulk is the only cost effective route. To build all 10 I would have to spend roughly $230 just to assemble them, not including packaging and shipping costs. In the end, if I can sell 10 in a group buy I'll make maybe $30-60 profit or just enough to build myself a kit.

A member here was wanting me to build them one and with the price of parts I figured a group buy was a much better idea.

If anyone is willing to play guinea pig and eat the costs for the first one I'll gladly post all the pics you want. :)

MR Bill
Member Avatar

Shipping in US using flat rate box is one set price.
$5.80
Priority MailĀ®
Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8
Everything should fit into this box.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

You forgot to at the cost of tracking and bubble wrap. ;)

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

compjake
Sep 21 2013, 03:51 PM
"bubble wrap"? Seriously? You're shipping wire and a couple relays, not Waterford crystal; just wrap it in a couple sheets of newspaper, and be done with it.

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

I actually ship a lot of stuff in the flat rate envelopes. I want to say they're like 50 cents cheaper than the smallest box.

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

PTA2PTB
Sep 21 2013, 04:05 PM
compjake
Sep 21 2013, 03:51 PM
"bubble wrap"? Seriously? You're shipping wire and a couple relays, not Waterford crystal; just wrap it in a couple sheets of newspaper, and be done with it.
I'm going for professionalism here.. I've had many packages show up crushed via USPS so ALL packages I send with more than about $20 value will be packaged properly or I won't waste the time to ship it. We all know paying for the insurance is a rip off.

kel

Will the new wires and relays work with some type of new car headlights?

compjake
Member Avatar
Mostest Elitest Member

Yes, just let me know what lights you plan to use and I'll make a harness to fit it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply