Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Project Green Machine; Gary and Harry ride again!
Topic Started: Nov 3 2013, 11:25 PM (78,046 Views)
94RHDRollerskate
Member Avatar
Forum Stud Muffin

Posted Image

Devastated by the loss of my very unique previous car, I knew I had to have another.

Posted Image

After some searching, econboxxxer offered up Edith, her recent rescue, and I ended up giving her a new home. This will be her Project thread, where I will share her transformation as I add my own touches and 'Swiftify' her.

As purchased, November 2nd 2013:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car obviously was taken care of. The exterior paint is in amazing shape for being 19 years old. If I had a group of Metros in front of me in every offered color, I have to admit, the Polynesian Green (Medium Green Metallic WA238A/45U) would not be my first choice, but it has grown on me, and I intend to rock it just the same.

Her chassis has 370k miles, and pretty certain engine #2 is under the hood (1995 cast number), and it's tired. I have a replacement Geo Glenn engine in the works to take care of that.

Build date: 08/18/1993
Previous Engine #: G10S124456 - Unknown miles but a '95 unit in a '94 car. Pulled at 371,289
Rebuilt 'Glenngine' # G10R198579 - 20+ pistons and xfi cam. Installed at 371,289
Transmission #: R412314 (4.10 Manual)

B-Pillar Seat Belt Mod
Swift Tail Lights, Side Skirts, 7-Spoke wheels and as many other parts I can source.

Stay tuned, and check back often as I perform mods and improvements...let the fun begin!

Edited by 94RHDRollerskate, Apr 27 2017, 08:57 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

econoboxer
Member Avatar
I am the one on the left.

Should have washed it Gary.
Glad your home safe.

Edited to say
Post #2 belongs to me- yay!
Edited by econoboxer, Nov 3 2013, 11:47 PM.

aaronvincent
Member Avatar
Mr Mojo Risin'

I see your picture-taking skills have improved immensely, good :lol
Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

pvr007
Member Avatar

mine was that color but as you saw on my project thread i painted it chalkboard green... now that i think about it i should have gone red or similar but oh well. Still, people dig the whole chalkboard thing a lot.

Hotrodray1
Member Avatar
Over Educated parts guy

Looks like you have a great base to start with. As far as color I can not say much just traded for a tracker same color. It will grow on you I like it.

94RHDRollerskate
Member Avatar
Forum Stud Muffin

econboxxxer
Nov 3 2013, 11:28 PM
Should have washed it Gary.
Glad your home safe.

Edited to say
Post #2 belongs to me- yay!

These pics were taken in somewhere Arizona, while still on the way home. She'll get a bath, and some lovin' soon.

Memphis metro

Maybe a flashing strobe on top to prevent you from having another wreck? You can not keep tearing these things up, replacements are getting hard to find. :lol

Boogie Rat
Member Avatar

Have fun and be careful with it. Looks like a great project. Looks like a clone of mine. Except for the 2 door difference.

1.0smallblock
Member Avatar
DirtBag

Big Rhino
Nov 4 2013, 07:27 AM
Maybe a flashing strobe on top to prevent you from having another wreck? You can not keep tearing these things up, replacements are getting hard to find. :lol
rhino, rubbing salt in an open wound??....or butter...
or chem-tool...or gas.....or M.E.K.....etc. :lol

94RHD, i think the green looks great...go on with your bad self.
:rocker

unplugged5150
Member Avatar

Looking forward to your Swift-y-fying it RHD

Turbo Dan-O
Member Avatar
Obsessive Car Detailer

Maybe it did happen... :hmm Awesome!!! :thumb

nwgeo

It looks like a pretty straight geo to start with. Looking forward to you updates.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Box number one.

(Caja nĂºmero uno.)

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

1.0smallblock
Member Avatar
DirtBag

whats in the box???

unplugged5150
Member Avatar

Looks like Geo Glenn engine goodies for RHD's new metro!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply