Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official 7TH Annual GeoPalooza - August 9TH 2014
Topic Started: Feb 2 2014, 09:42 PM (16,147 Views)
Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Posted Image

Since I started this website, I made it to be a community of members who have respect and care for each other and been hosting annual meets so we can all get to know each other. If you want to do anything cool this summer, make plans to come to GeoPalooza in Ashtabula County Ohio and have a great time with an awesome evironment and awesome people.

You might want to check out pictures from past events...........

Pictures from GeoPalooza 2013
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2012
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2011
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2010
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2009
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2008

Here is this info on where the meet will be held. We are having it at the same location as the last 2 years................

Where the Meet is Held on 8/9/14 at 10:00 AM

Geopalooza Meet: Township Park
MAP LINK: http://goo.gl/maps/U8J3y
Latitude: 41.861 (N41° 51' 40")
Longitude: -80.937 (W80° 56' 13")

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Coastal_Main_Menu/PublicAccess/As_GenevaTownshipPark/tabid/22818/Default.aspx

5540 Lake Road, Geneva-on-the-Lake, 44041
https://plus.google.com/101231431594635429049/about?gl=us&hl=en

Numerous Hotels and Motels are in the area and a simple Google Search will find you one right on Geneva on the Lake or near the Interstate.

Where the Campground is

Most campers will stay at the Geneva State Park.......

Campground: Geneva State Park Campground
MAP LINK: http://goo.gl/maps/POayY
Latitude: 41.854 (N41° 51' 14")
Longitude: -80.986 (W80° 59' 10")

Padanarum Road, P.O. Box 429, Geneva-on-the-Lake, 44041
Campground MAP........ http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2/parkmaps/genevacampmap.pdf
Register campers...... http://www.ohio.reserveworld.com/SearchCriteria.aspx?PropertyType=R&pk_id=4

If you never been to a GeoPalooza, you may want to see this video..........

After GeoPalooza, we will have a bonfire at my place (directions provided at meet) where we can get together and have a few drinks and hang out. I will allow a limited number of campers to stay at my place and I have a few electric hookups and a WiFi connection. I will have portable bathrooms setup there, a fire pit, and the next morning we can do campfire breakfast before everyone heads out.

I will update this thread with the food menu and other information. We may hold another raffle, but it may be a 50/50 raffle since I gave all my good stuff away the last several years and I am out of raffle prizes unless you are interested in donating raffle prizes, you can message me.

As always, GeoPalooza is a free event with lunch served and all you have to do is show up and have fun!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

geojojo
Member Avatar

I'll be there! I look forward to it all year!

iwantageometro
Member Avatar
nub

I plan on going to this one! :) I will be camping so I'd prefer to stay at your place or at the state park (as long as others will be there). I also have an small cheap extra tent if anyone wants to borrow it. If anyone would like to meet up with me for the drive that would be cool; I'm coming from Port Washington, WI so Milwaukee or somewhere close to I-90 in Chicago/Gary/etc would work good. But we can figure that out later. This will be my longest trip ever!! :drivin
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jonathan180iq
Member Avatar
Not Really All That Smart

Do yourselves a favor and listen to the advice of people who have gone before by not waiting until the last minute to book a room or you'll be stuck sleeping on some dusty mattress from the 1970's in a room plastered with dark brown carpet which you paid waaaay too much money for...

Otherwise, it's seriously the best part of Geometroforum.com. Johnny and company never fail to impress.

Don't miss this.

The mascot son and I will be there again this year!

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Yes! Campers MUST reserve early or end up camping miles away or in a shit hole motel.

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

I think I'll stay two nights this time!

Since1990
Member Avatar

What a coincidence! We stopped in Township Park once for a couple of hours to let my daughter run around. It was in the summer of 2003, and we were meandering slowly from central Illinois towards Connecticut. Nice park.

MechaGodzilla
Member Avatar

52 miles away, so that's... :hmm carry the zero... roughly 3 hours away in a 4/3. :lol

944door
Member Avatar

I will be attending this year provided the super top secret modifications are completed

Bad Bent
Member Avatar
Facetious Educated Donkey

Johnny Mullet
Feb 2 2014, 09:42 PM
After GeoPalooza, we will have a bonfire at my place (directions provided at meet) where we can get together and have a few drinks and hang out. I will allow a limited number of campers to stay at my place and I have a few electric hookups and a WiFi connection. I will have portable bathrooms setup there, a fire pit, and the next morning we can do campfire breakfast before everyone heads out.
Head out? :-/

With those deluxe accommodations... IF I can ever make it I'm staying for at least a week, or more! :banana

:backpack :coffee

tonsofun1223
Member Avatar
Round One
[ *  *  *  * ]
I plan on attending cannot wait already asked off both jobs

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

tonsofun1223
Feb 25 2014, 12:42 AM
I plan on attending cannot wait already asked off both jobs
Looking forward to meeting you there :cheers

lookinforlinks
Pittsburgher
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hope to make it again this year. Both of my sisters want to make the trip with me. We had a blast last year, John. Thanks for hosting again in my favorite vacation spot!

Links.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

I am hoping to make this year's event the best event since I started doing this. Last year we were a few cars short, but that was because a lot of the regulars did not show up. If they did, we would have had almost 60 cars show up.

This is one thing every year that I look forward too, but the cost is getting out of hand so another raffle will be held.

I will be holding a raffle again this year to help with some of the cost, but I already removed all the cams and gears and other neat stuff from my own cars the last few years to supply the raffle with items, but I am out of stuff now. I removed the 3Tech 10 degree gear from Mr's Mullet's car and the rear hatch release assembly from my car to add as prizes and I do have a G10 head here that I can rebuild for the raffle, but then there goes my shop core.

All the years we did not have a raffle, donations only made 30% of the costs back, but with the raffle, it's more like 80% and it's a big help. If anyone is interested in donating raffle items, let me know! I can't keep stripping my cars for prizes.

geo4thewin
Member Avatar

It is over a 13 hour drive for me, but I am hoping that my car will be healthy enough to make the journey.

I personally don't understand how you can put on an event this size every year, keep the website up and running, and still find time to teach others on the forum what you have learned. I hope that the Geo community can pull through and help offset all of the costs so that you don't have to take a hit like you have in years past. If I make it, I will bring any goodys that I aquire over the summer and donate them for the raffle.

I hope that this year is a big success :rocker

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gathers/Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply