Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DTM GTi's Rides; T3 & Twincam Swifts
Topic Started: May 1 2016, 07:08 PM (1,069 Views)
scratchpaddy
Member Avatar
Not so fast

DTM GTi's got lots of really cool toys. I've seen his white Swift GT MKII (III?) a couple of times before, but I finally got to go to his house to :drool over his two MKI show cars. It was Tanner's Dad's last day in town before heading back to Utah, so we got together for burgers at his place, along with a few other TeamSwift guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The red one is a turbo 3, while the white is the body of a turbo Sprint with a German GTi drivetrain swapped in. Both cars have lots of parts from Europe which were never available here.

Posted Image Posted Image

Instead of "fuel," it runs on petrol. ;)

Posted Image

The brake rotors on the white one are bigger than the stock wheels.

Posted Image

I love the simplicity of the interior. The seats are from a Honda, and lowered so that he can sit without his head in the roof. There's no radio, no cupholders, and no rear seat. Anything that's not stock still looks like it could have (or should have) been factory.

Posted Image

Neo, an admin at TeamSwift, was also in town, coming from Australia to visit in-laws here. He managed to get away for a few hours to check out DTM's rides, too. Together we headed out for the end of the weekly car show in Scottsdale. DTM took the white, Neo borrowed the red, and I followed in my own Metro. I could hear the blow-off valve from the red car even through my closed windows. Man, those cars can scoot. After every light or stop sign, they were just gone. I got a lousy 40mpg trying to keep up. :lol

Posted Image
Edited by scratchpaddy, May 2 2016, 01:53 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bikeAmusPrime
Member Avatar

I need to start working on mine. Those look killer

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Great write up.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I Had The Pleasure Of Meeting Tanner At Our Calabasas December Meets. TANNER, YOU ROCK DUDE!!! AND SO DO YOUR RIDES!! I Love Ya Man! And Your Girlfriend From Poland That I Met At This Last Meet, She Is Gorgeous!

I Also Like The Fact That Both Of His Sprints Have Been De-Bowtied! Not One Iota Of A Stinking "Chevrolet" Badge On Them. On The Shot Of The Interior Glove Box Area, It Says SUZUKI!!! I Like That! FTW!
Quote Post Goto Top

DTM GTi
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As always you take great pictures . My cars look better then in person . I love technology.

It was great having everyone over , hanging out and talking cars. We should do it more often

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pictures/Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply