Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2016
Topic Started: Aug 7 2016, 06:49 AM (5,032 Views)
Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

The even is still going on and it was and still is awesome. We had 45 or 46 cars show up and it was a blast. I will get started with a few pics..............

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rocknrollron
Member Avatar
Obsessed

Sorry I couldn't make....I'm actually spending the weekend stripping my 1991 Suzuki GT and a 1990 Metro Convertible for parts.
Will have a bunch of parts for sale soon....wish I could have made the meet....next year...
Edited by rocknrollron, Aug 7 2016, 07:00 AM.

Car Nut
Member Avatar

:holycrap That's a lotta cars. Maybe some day I'll get up there.

iwantageometro
Member Avatar
nub

Posted Image

Murf 59
Member Avatar

We had 58 in '14, and 49 last year I think. Did Coche Blanko show up?

Stubby79
Member Avatar

iwantageometro
Aug 7 2016, 08:36 AM
Posted Image
Great shot! :lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CAMI MAN
Member Avatar
(( CAMI Automotive )) Team Member

More pics :D :D
:cheers

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

Stubby79
Aug 7 2016, 11:23 AM
iwantageometro
Aug 7 2016, 08:36 AM
Posted Image
Great shot! :lol
:+1 Great shot indeed!

Look - there's me... I'm yellow! :D
Edited by mt999999, Aug 7 2016, 04:38 PM.

Bannedfonz
Member Avatar

I didn't take any pics at the meet this year. Too busy talking to people and enjoying the weather.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

I am getting a bunch resized and uploaded. In the meantime, here are some videos that member Nerys uploaded of the drag racing. My red 1998 1.3L 16 valve was undefeated this year.........

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

This year's GeoPalooza was the best GeoPalooza ever! Me and wifey spent a lot of time and planning to make this work at our home and it worked out great. On Friday around noon some of the campers started showing up and setting up camp and this went on all night. We had a fire going and we also had visitors show up who got hotels nearby. It rained like 3 times that day, but they were quick, heavy downpours and the sun came back out. The huge rented tent showed up and after it was put up, we had plenty of help to set up tables and chairs.

We had a few cars needing minor repairs in my shop, but nothing much. There were 20 cars Friday night and we collected some money together and got pizza, enjoyed some beers, and hung around the fire. The next morning, we brewed a large kettle of coffee and hung out. Cars started showing up. Me and the wife left real quick to pick up the cake and ice and she looked at me and said.......

"You know we left our house with all those people there?"

I asked - "Are you worried about that?"

We both looked at each other and said NO at the same time :)

Anyway, we had an approximate count of 45 or 46 cars on Saturday and will verify that number soon. How about some car pics...............

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Around 1:00 we had lunch. Everyone loved the food and we had tables and chairs for pretty much everyone there. Right after lunch we called the 50/50 raffle and Joel was the lucky winner..........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the raffle I had to make a special announcement! I explained to everyone about my flip-flop phobia so those who were unaware knew the story and then told everyone how during last year's GeoPalooza member GeoStalker gave me a pair of rebel flag flip flops. Well, I done worn them bitches out and on my second pair...............

Posted Image

Priceless...........

Posted Image

I slapped them flip flops on and we started partying :rocker

About 15 cars left around 3:00 to do a convoy to Geneva on the Lake since we heard the locals were really missing us. Anyone in a Geo Metro that stayed in Geneva got bombarded with questions asking about the meet. Everyone made it back in time for 7:00 PM drag races. The racing was organized, safe, and a lot of fun despite the unusual heavy traffic. I will say that my Magnum Metro (Christine 2.0) was the fastest car and undefeated all night with the new 1.3L 16V engine I installed a few months ago! I am sure videos will be posted soon :rocker

After the races and the attack of the killer chickens, we hung around the fire, worked on EcoMudder and Mr's Mullet's car, and had an awesome time!

Thanks everyone for the best weekend I had in a long time :cheers

CAMI MAN
Member Avatar
(( CAMI Automotive )) Team Member

Sounds like a AWESOME time Johnny :thumb
Great pics also , even a Tracker there :thumb
:cheers :cheers

Potter
Member Avatar
Col. Potter

what a fun weekend!! love hanging out with the crew, and inducting new people to the Geopalooza Family. Over the years I have made some amazing friends with this group and it amazes me that we can have such a community that is this welcoming and almost instant friendships. I know im not on the site as much as i want to these days but i do think of my Geo buddies often and try to keep in touch through out the year via Facebook, phone, and text. Seriously being apart of the Geo crew is just like being with my racing crew when i switch cars and run the Focus. Murph we missed you in person but glad we could get you on the phone and somewhat make you apart of the action. i hope to see you next year. We still have a score to settle 3 banger vs 3 banger.

Its a Geo thing, all other car groups wouldn't understand.

JellyBeanDriver

Missed it by > < this much!

Was in Cleveland/Twinsburgh for a business trip Mon-Fri. Was wishing I could change my flight to make it but we already had plans in So. Cal for Saturday :(

Next year!

Bluebomb

Looks like a blast maybe one of these days I can make it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gathers/Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply