Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What new tools have you got recently?
Topic Started: Nov 21 2016, 11:55 AM (11,979 Views)
monzanut
Member Avatar
Drip under Pressure

Figured we have a rolling topic of what did you do to your Metro today, so why not have one for what new to you tools have you added to your arsenal. Just got this morning after finding out my 18 piece harbor freight radiator tester kit does everything but most of My cars, lol. Combed ebay and found this Snap on set that seems to have never been used, snagged it for $100.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let show and tell begin... :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

evmetro

That was a sweet deal on a fantastic tester! That is a professional grade tool!

evmetro

Picked this up for my shop the other day, and it has been saving me some time on washing parts:

Posted Image

evmetro

monzanut
Nov 21 2016, 11:55 AM
Figured we have a rolling topic of what did you do to your Metro today, so why not have one for what new to you tools have you added to your arsenal. Just got this morning after finding out my 18 piece harbor freight radiator tester kit does everything but most of My cars, lol. Combed ebay and found this Snap on set that seems to have never been used, snagged it for $100.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let show and tell begin... :D
I wish more people in our Metro community had these testers. This tester is a game changer for finding coolant leaks.

monzanut
Member Avatar
Drip under Pressure

evmetro
Nov 21 2016, 12:23 PM
Picked this up for my shop the other day, and it has been saving me some time on washing parts:

Posted Image
That is sweet! Haven't had one of those for years since I had my shop. Right now just making my own dip tank with a 200 gallon tank I modified and put 3 hot water tank elements in with temp control and agitator paddle wheel near the bottom. Mix up caustic soda (very careful about the mix), cleans blocks awesome. Setting up 2 60 gallon old plastic chem drums for just a dip solution for soft metals next.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

my latest new tools are a harbor freight battery tester and a ryobi 18 volt lithium power tool set.

i used the heck out of the power tools over the summer and recently tested the battery on my mercedes after a "no start" event.

i almost vapor locked when i found out that the battery for my evil german car was $254. even the $170 wholesale price made it hard to get out my wallet. :P

and that's why i never have any money to spend on new tools. ;)

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

t3ragtop
Nov 21 2016, 05:18 PM

i almost vapor locked when i found out that the battery for my evil german car was $254. even the $170 wholesale price made it hard to get out my wallet. :P
Hopefully the SRS light in your Benz did not come on during your battery replacement, requiring a MB courtesy diagnostic reset service for $300.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

i learned the hack for the computer reset a month after i bought the evil german car. i have a scan tool that will do 90% of what i need to do and my cousin who owns a full service repair shop has a big money snap-on diagnostics machine that does it all.

7 computers in this car on a canbus system. even the instrument gauges are computer/ pid operated.

the biggest thing with the merc is that the dealers treat repair data like it's the crown jewels. i couldn't even get wiring data to install a new stereo system and had to ring out the wiring to ditch the bose stereo system for a better and modern system. :whistle

Stubby79
Member Avatar

Last tool I bought...hmmm...that would probably be the hydraulic lug crimper from ebay. Good deal to begin with, but was on sale, so even better. I just recently clued in that I should be able use it on my Anderson connectors...might have to replace a few I've done already through cruder means.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jarhead0408
[ *  * ]
Maaaan. Now this is a thread I'm going to enjoy posting in! Tools are my specialty. I'll get back to you gents later with pictures.

evmetro

Stubby79
Nov 21 2016, 11:21 PM
Last tool I bought...hmmm...that would probably be the hydraulic lug crimper from ebay. Good deal to begin with, but was on sale, so even better. I just recently clued in that I should be able use it on my Anderson connectors...might have to replace a few I've done already through cruder means.
Posted Image
I do a lot of anderson connectors as well. 0/2 is the big one, 350 amp Andersons. I do lots 8 and 10 gauge as well, even a few 4 gauge. Let me know how that hydraulic crimper works out.

nwgeo

Just picked up a HF socket set. Not too fancy. On sale $10.

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

Wow... you guys sure have me beat! The only tool that I've bought in the past month would be a single hex-sided (forgot the name) 8/10 MM open wrench to attempt to remove the rusty bleeders from my S-10.

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

Sadly, i had to buy a stethoscope to begin diagnosing an expensive sounding noise from the engine.
:shake
Posted Image

idmetro
Member Avatar

Just picked up an Old Milwaukie reciprocating saw (Sawzall) from an estate sale for $7.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Tech and Tool Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply