Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pizza delivery - Ever been robbed?; perils of delivery jobs
Topic Started: Jan 4 2017, 09:33 AM (1,058 Views)
BillHoo
Member Avatar

Pizza or any other job where you drive to deliver food and get paid usually in cash.

Ever been robbed? Fight back? Or does the job compensate you for the cash taken?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

Most places tell you to keep <$XX.00 on you, so the most they will give you back is that amount if you are robbed. You are not supposed to carry a weapon/fight back. I delivered before old enough to have a pistol permit. If I did it now I would carry mine.

iwantageometro
Member Avatar
nub

Nope, nothing scary has ever happened to me thankfully.

BillHoo
Member Avatar

I've been toying with the idea of a glamorous pizza delivery job in the evenings, but my wife is against it citing some recent robberies in the area against delivery personnel.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

the only time i have been robbed during a pizza delivery was the last pizza i had delivered from dominos. :whistle

it was horrible enough that i felt robbed. :shake

espltd
Member Avatar
Tinkerer

Delivered for 6 months in my 20s, had a drunk guy at a delivery pull a knife and say " maybe I should just take the pizza and the money." I showed him the .45 under my seat and he tried to laugh it off like he was joking, then the owner of the house came out and smacked him in the head after hearing what happened. Apologized profusely. One of our other guys had a shotgun greeting when he knocked on the door of the wrong address.
So yes I would say sketchy stuff happens in those jobs, I didn't live in a terribly dangerous area either.
On the plus side the tips were usually good, met lots of cool people, invited in for lots of parties and beer. Even showed up to a couple having sex on their front porch, yea it was an interesting gig to say the least. I suppose like anything these days its what you make of it, and just keep your wits about you.

brsja
Member Avatar

Sort of, I delivered pizza for a little over a year while in Tech school long ago. Our area wasn't bad but a couple towns over was really bad and the owners would not turn down any orders even long drives. Once I took two orders to this getto area. I dropped the first and went to the second to find the pizza missing from the box in the truck. I was pissed so I went back to the first house which was a party of underage kids in the basement and drunk parents upstairs. I demanded payment for the stolen pizza or told them I'd call the police and the party would be over, gave them lots of chances and kept demanding money, after 10 minutes I drove to a gas station (B4 cell phones) and called the cops, went back and told them cops were on the way, kids scrambled. Cops got there and nothing came of it other than the report. I kinda felt bad about killing the party, it looked like fun... But hey, they could have gave me like $6 and I would have went away.
Company at the time covers it , but a few months later a couple dirt bag drivers claimed to be robbed a couple times each with loads of cash on them at the end of the night, so owner said driver pays for all pizzas from then on.

Edit: you cars interior will be destroyed
Edited by brsja, Jan 4 2017, 08:59 PM.

Ephemeral Glade
Member Avatar

t3ragtop
Jan 4 2017, 05:19 PM
the only time i have been robbed during a pizza delivery was the last pizza i had delivered from dominos. :whistle

I cried when I read your post. I am so so so sorry that happened to you. I was going to offer you a hug, but it was so heart wrenching, that now I think I need one.
Dominos Bastards. :P

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

t3ragtop

A new Dominos just opened in town. Never had them before... are they that bad? If so, I don't wanna waste any cash on them... :lol

Car Nut
Member Avatar

mt999999
Jan 4 2017, 11:10 PM
t3ragtop

A new Dominos just opened in town. Never had them before... are they that bad? If so, I don't wanna waste any cash on them... :lol
The ones down my way are pretty good.

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

Robbery isn't too much of an issue, at least where I am. What you have to watch out for are all the generally inattentive or self-absorbed motorists and road-ragers. The only time I ever had to draw the .32 Beretta I carry was with a road-rager.

I can't believe how many people seem to honestly think that since I have a sign on my car it is somehow my DUTY to drive exactly the way they want me to at all times (even if it means I need to break the law).

I remember one time a customer called and complained I was driving too fast. "Sorry, boss", I said, even though I really don't ever speed. Not two hours later somebody called and complained that I was driving TOO SLOW. My boss saw the humor in this and mentioned it to me. We both laughed. Generally, managers take complaints about drivers with a grain of salt.

It's not a bad job. Tough on your car, though. I have seen people start with pretty nice cars and have to quit 6-8 months later because they have simply used the car up.

I usually make between $23 and $25 an hour.

91 ragtop
Member Avatar

Years ago my sister and her husband lived on the northwest side of our town. It was just a normal neighborhood. They moved out of the house and it was vacant for a few weeks when a pizza delivery guy got sent there from a local pizza place three blocks away. He never made it back. He got robbed and murdered right in her old living room and to this day they never caught the person that did it. The sad thing about it was that someone took his life and he only had $12 on him.I just googled this case.
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Morris_Davis

Ken........
Edited by 91 ragtop, Jan 6 2017, 09:20 PM.

Car Nut
Member Avatar

91 ragtop
Jan 5 2017, 06:36 PM
Years ago my sister and her husband lived on the northwest side of our town. It was just a normal neighborhood. They moved out of the house and it was vacant for a few weeks when a pizza delivery guy got sent there from a local pizza place three blocks away. He never made it back. He got robbed and murdered right in her old living room and to this day they never caught the person that did it. The sad thing about it was that someone took his life and he only had $12 on him.

Ken........
I believe there's a special place in Hell, for people that do stuff like that. Sad....

Deleted User
Deleted User

When I Was An L.A. Courier Messenger, I Was Lucky Enough Not To Be Robbed At Gunpoint And Hard To Believe It, In A Geo Metro And In Los Angeles And Wilshire District And (Uggh!) Beverly Hills! My Worst Worries Were Meter Maids, Police, (Police Here In Southern California LOVE To Nab Geo Metros And Sprints For No Valid Reason! Don't Bother Asking Why.) And Like Cobra Jet Said, Those ROAD RAGERS Who Also Have Nothing Better To Do Than To Harass Geo Metros And Sprints.

Now As A TRUCK DRIVER, Yes I Have Been Robbed And Scammed. By WOMEN! Meaning The PROSTITUTES! When I Was At The Pilot In Brooks KY, I Was Scammed By A Truckstop Lot Lizard Who Flashed Me Her Titties And Took My Last $27.00 I Had For Food. She Never Came Back And No Sex Took Place. I Was In My Cannon Express Truck At The Time. More Recently When I Was With Swift Transportation, I Was Scammed By Another Prostitute In Montgomery AL, And She Took My Money And Also Got Away With It. Fresno CA At Belmont Ave Exit Off The 99 Was My Worst Experience When I Lost My IPOD Along With A LOT More Money!

Never Trust WOMEN!! 😠 The WOMEN Are WORSE Than The MEN!

And Never Trust Any COP Either! Especially If You Drive A TRACTOR-TRAILER Or A GEO METRO!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

Car Nut
Jan 5 2017, 08:25 PM
91 ragtop
Jan 5 2017, 06:36 PM
Years ago my sister and her husband lived on the northwest side of our town. It was just a normal neighborhood. They moved out of the house and it was vacant for a few weeks when a pizza delivery guy got sent there from a local pizza place three blocks away. He never made it back. He got robbed and murdered right in her old living room and to this day they never caught the person that did it. The sad thing about it was that someone took his life and he only had $12 on him.

Ken........
I believe there's a special place in Hell, for people that do stuff like that. Sad....
That's why I carry. I ain't goin' out like that. :x

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply