Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New job... Delivering pizza in a Metro again!; First time in 8 years.
Topic Started: Jan 6 2017, 05:27 AM (688 Views)
Hanuman
"The Almighty Grounds Cleaner"

Started a new job today for winter.
Delivering pizza in my Metro... my tires are bald.
Haven't delivered in 8 years.
95$ in tips... good for a first day.
The crappy part was this guy who had a very long driveway... he has a truck and doesn't bother plowing.
It had 9" of snow. I made it to his house, but he had to drag me back to the road.
My '97 hasn't gotten stuck or left the icy roads in the 4 years I been driving it... with bald tires.
Embarrassing.
Studded snow tires going on next week!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stubby79
Member Avatar

Is this a good turn of events or the solution to a bad one?

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

Congrats on the new gig.

I did $112 today. I worked nine hours and it was slow a lot of the time. And I got stiffed SIX TIMES out of 22 deliveries. :banghead The minimum wage here went from $9.47 to $11.00 on January 1st, so there is that, too. That means I made about $22 an hour, which is actually not that great.

I did $190 on New Year's Day, but New Year's Eve sucked. It has been a weird holiday season. Christmas Eve was lame, too.

My Metro was a great 'snow car', but I don't miss it one bit.

BillHoo
Member Avatar

When you say you got "stiffed". Did they get the pizza and not pay? Prank call? Or just didn't tip?

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Good to hear your working.

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

BillHoo
Jan 6 2017, 08:51 AM
When you say you got "stiffed". Did they get the pizza and not pay? Prank call? Or just didn't tip?
99% sure he meant 'no tip'.

Car Nut
Member Avatar

Coche Blanco
Jan 6 2017, 02:46 PM
BillHoo
99% sure he meant 'no tip'.
This

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

BillHoo
They just didn't tip. :thumb

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

Cobrajet25
Jan 6 2017, 07:20 AM
Congrats on the new gig.

I did $112 today. I worked nine hours and it was slow a lot of the time. And I got stiffed SIX TIMES out of 22 deliveries. :banghead The minimum wage here went from $9.47 to $11.00 on January 1st, so there is that, too. That means I made about $22 an hour, which is actually not that great.

I did $190 on New Year's Day, but New Year's Eve sucked. It has been a weird holiday season. Christmas Eve was lame, too.

$22 an hour is not that great?? :hmm

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

GeoStalker
Jan 7 2017, 09:07 AM
Cobrajet25
Congrats on the new gig.

I wish I made that much! Maybe I could afford to insure my Mirage.
Edited by mt999999, Jan 7 2017, 10:40 AM.

Hanuman

GeoStalker
Cobrajet25
Congrats on the new gig.

8 years ago I worked delivery for a very busy pizza place. I could average 25$ for 10 hours.

First day was good with 95$ in tips in 5 hours and 9.80$ minimum wage.

Second day was slow 4 hours and 37$ in tips.

Hanuman

Hanuman
Jan 7 2017, 06:46 PM
GeoStalker
Cobrajet25
Congrats on the new gig.

8 years ago I worked delivery for a very busy pizza place. I could average 25$ for 10 hours.

First day was good with 95$ in tips in 5 hours and 9.80$ minimum wage.

Second day was slow 4 hours and 37$ in tips.
The wind was gusting hard yesterday too... could hardly hold 5th gear at times.
Got blown around the icy roads pretty bad... and snow drifting onto the streets everywhere... only managed 35 mpg average against the wind... sucked.

Stubby79
Member Avatar

:hmm

Maybe I made the wrong career choice!

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

GeoStalker
Cobrajet25
Congrats on the new gig.

Nope. Not bad, per se, but not great. A good day is $25-$27/hour... or more. I have had days where I made $32 per hour. A bad day is under $20 (those are rare).

Today was better at just under $25 an hour.

I like to make $10 per hour in tips, plus whatever I make on the clock, plus mileage ($0.31/mile). I worked seven hours today and made $72.27 in tips (bad for a Seahawks playoff day). I drove 101 miles at $0.31 per mile, so that is another $31.31. Seven hours on the clock at $11.00 an hour, but I subtract $1.00 per hour for gas and income taxes. So that is another $70.

So $72.27 + $31.31 + $70 / 7 = $24.79 per hour. I got a $23 tip today on a $140 order, and still only barely made my goal on tips. Tips were weak. Only got stiffed three times on 19 deliveries today, though.

People used to ask me, "Hey, Aaron... when are you going to get a REAL job?"

My reply has always been, "I made $38,000 last year working part-time driving around, listening to music, and drinking coffee... how 'real' does my job need to be?" :lol

ZXTjato
Member Avatar
bass heads

Stubby79
Jan 8 2017, 12:48 AM
:hmm

Maybe I made the wrong career choice!
Thinking I did also :shake

3 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Members: LeoGeo
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply