Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2 new guys at work; Rookies
Topic Started: Jan 9 2017, 08:16 PM (273 Views)
smysmbrg
Steve

Well the interns they hired to help since we lost a guy few months ago (to a 27$ an hr goverment job on the national guard base) started today. They are both going to school for autotech.
The one guy had never done an oil change till today :ermm: he likes to work on bikes so he figures he will like to work on cars :hmm
he drives a brand new mitsu 4 door suv thing. Factory did his first oil change and he tells me he is 2,000 past on the next one.
Asks me " its alright to go 15,000 right? " :ermm:

Hopefully the other guy that works at oreillys can hold his hand.

Going to be an interesting week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Car Nut
Member Avatar

Better keep a close eye on the first guy. "Oh man, I forgot to put the drain plug back in, before I dumped the oil in. Then it started knocking after I let it run awhile. I figured out what happened, after slipping in the big puddle of oil. You think the engine will be ok, after we put some oil back in?" :smackface

Scoobs
Member Avatar
:D

Car Nut
Jan 9 2017, 09:03 PM
Better keep a close eye on the first guy. "Oh man, I forgot to put the drain plug back in, before I dumped the oil in. Then it started knocking after I let it run awhile. I figured out what happened, after slipping in the big puddle of oil. You think the engine will be ok, after we put some oil back in?" :smackface
You wouldnt be suprised how many times i have heard of this happening at walmart lube centers LOL...... To my knowledge, the local one to me has had to replace 4 engines. That i know of. One of which was on a brand new dodge hemi for its first oil change.

scratchpaddy
Member Avatar
Not so fast

Before my time at the shop where I used to work, one guy forgot to replace the lug nuts on a Lincoln they had done a brake job on. It made it about fifty yards through a test ride before the car and a wheel parted ways. :whistle

Car Nut
Member Avatar

scratchpaddy
Jan 10 2017, 07:55 PM
Before my time at the shop where I used to work, one guy forgot to replace the lug nuts on a Lincoln they had done a brake job on. It made it about fifty yards through a test ride before the car and a wheel parted ways. :whistle
Same thing happened in a shop where I used to wrench. Rear brake job, loose lug nuts. Car made it about 10 miles down the interstate before the back wheel hopped off. Luckily no injuries. Really pissed off customer tho. Very glad it wasn't my job.

MPG

Car Nut
Jan 10 2017, 08:54 PM
scratchpaddy
Jan 10 2017, 07:55 PM
Same thing happened in a shop where I used to wrench. Rear brake job, loose lug nuts. Car made it about 10 miles down the interstate before the back wheel hopped off. Luckily no injuries. Really pissed off customer tho. Very glad it wasn't my job.
A good reason to do my own service work :)

johnbmx4christ
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
i've left the drain plug off before. i was wondering why there was a river of oil going down the driveway. at least i didnt drive it that way. gotta learn from mistakes. i did my own plug wire set on an 8 cylinder before i knew what firing order was. pulled all of them off first. that was really interesting. HA

68custom

dumbest one I ever saw was a guy did not bother to match oil filter gaskets and spun on the wrong one. it didnt leak a drop till he fired it up and it dumped all the oil, causing a few spun rod bearings on a 455 in a 70 -442- olds. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply