Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official 10TH Annual GeoPalooza; 10 Year Anniversary
Topic Started: Mar 2 2017, 08:11 PM (1,896 Views)
Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Posted Image

This will be our 10TH Anniversary for GeoPalooza! I look forward to hosting this event every year and we will be doing this year's meet the same way we did it last year since it was such a huge success. This event will be held from Friday August 4th through Sunday August 6th 2017 with the main event being Saturday August 5th for those just stopping by and not staying.

The entire event will be held at my place with free camping, free WiFi, bonfires, and free Saturday lunch! Those camping at my place can camp for free Friday and Saturday night and need to pack up Sunday. Don't worry, because I have plenty of room and permission from the farm across the street to use more property if needed. If you want to camp elsewhere, you are more than welcome to check out all the nice campgrounds in the area. There are also Hotels, Wineries, and Bed and Breakfast places nearby if camping is not your thing. I will post links below.

Friday people will be setting up camp and we will have the bonfire going and of course meet and greet and my garage will be open the entire weekend. Saturday we will have lunch and afterwards those interested will convoy to Geneva on the Lake and some may stay there to enjoy the festivities and some will return to the party where it will continue on at my place. Sunday morning whoever is left after everyone is packed up, we will do a covered bridge tour and part ways afterwards.

If you never been to a GeoPalooza, You might want to check out pictures from past events...........

Pictures from GeoPalooza 2015
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2014
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2013
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2012
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2011
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2010
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2009
Pictures from GeoPalooza 2008

UPDATE - Mitsubishi Mirage Mini Meet

Many of our members are owners of the new model Mitsubishi Mirage and I am welcoming these cars to the event. If you still have your Metro and it's able to make it, then please bring it! The Mirage owners are welcome to all the festivities and allowed to camp but I will be having the Mirages line up their cars around the loop across the street. I am testing the waters with the Mirage owners and if it's a success, then maybe I will start hosting a separate meet for them in the future.

Please read the next post for more information. Hope to see everyone there :cheers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

The location of the meet will be right here at my place. Click below for the address............

Spoiler: click to toggle

Here are links for alternative camping/hotel links and info you need to know if you are camping at my place.

If you are camping for free at my place, please make sure you bring the items you need to camp comfortably, but I don't suggest huge, family size tents unless you are housing a family because immediate space on my property is large, but fills fast with cars and campers. I will have electric available, so bring extension cords, phone chargers, etc. I have free WiFi available if you need to check your E-mail, browse the web, update Facebook and stuff, but it's DSL so streaming movies or videos might make it slow for everyone else. I will have a porta potty available so we do not have traffic going in and out of our house. If you need showers you may want to consider camping elsewhere or a hotel as our well is limited and it's hard water.

Lunch will be provided, but make sure you bring your own snacks, drinks, and other items. You are also welcome to bring your own food and use the grills here. Please do not litter on my property or the neighbor's land. There will be garbage cans and a smokers station for your trash. There will be no underage drinking at my place. You are welcome to bring a pet but you must keep it on a leash and you are responsible for your pet. There will be no separate fires made. It is not cheap to host these events and I don't expect anyone to have to bring food or anything for the meet. All I ask is to bring a few extra bucks for a donation to help with the costs. We will also be having a 50/50 raffle on Saturday during lunch. Thank you for your support!

GeoPalooza alternative campgrounds/hotels for those not camping at my place...........

Campgrounds

Evergreen Lake Campground Conneaut, Ohio
Lake Village Campground Andover, Ohio
Pymatuning State Park Andover, Ohio

Bed and Breakfast

Bear Creek Farm Kingsville, Ohio
Buccia Vineyards Conneaut, Ohio

Hotels

Day's Inn Conneaut, Ohio (pet friendly)

Sleep Inn Austinburg, Ohio

Holiday Inn Austinburg, Ohio

Super 8 Hotel Geneva, Ohio

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Johnny Mullet
Mar 2 2017, 08:11 PM
Don't worry, because I have plenty of room and permission from the farm across the street to use more property if needed you arrive in a Mirage instead of the the event's namesake.
:hmm

Bjetmech
Member Avatar

Thinking about it, Of course the fun part would be convincing the better half to either go on a 5k mile round trip with me or let me go by myself. There are some pretty cool sites in between I'd like to stop and see as well.

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Bjetmech
Mar 2 2017, 08:51 PM
... the fun part would be convincing the better half to either go on a 5k mile round trip with me or let me go by myself.
Suggesting the former, is the easiest way to gain permission for the latter. ^o)

Turbo Dan-O
Member Avatar
Obsessive Car Detailer

I'm in! :banana
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WiscoMetro
Member Avatar
Seeking the Science of MPG

Seeing as I'm going to GOTG I've no excuse not to make it to Palooza this year. Ohio here I come.

nerys
Member Avatar
Grr

ohhhh I will be in michigan for this one. and there is no way I am driving the metro to michigan to catch it on the way home :-) hehehe not enough room for my rockets anyway in the metro.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

WiscoMetro
Mar 3 2017, 12:26 AM
Seeing as I'm going to GOTG I've no excuse not to make it to Palooza this year. Ohio here I come.
Looking forward to seeing you here!

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

PTA2PTB
Mar 2 2017, 08:35 PM
Johnny Mullet
Mar 2 2017, 08:11 PM
Don't worry, because I have plenty of room and permission from the farm across the street to use more property if needed you arrive in a Mirage instead of the the event's namesake.
:hmm
This year's meet by inviting the Mirage owners is simply a "Testing the waters" type of thing and will let me decide if I want to host a separate meet for those cars annually. This is a one time thing inviting them to the Metro meet.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

in my humble opinion, camping at the event site is da' bomb! ;)

the real party starts after the sun goes down. :cheers :rocker

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

I think I know what I will be driving up in this year! :rocker

Murf 59
Member Avatar

t3ragtop
Mar 3 2017, 08:13 AM
in my humble opinion, camping at the event site is da' bomb! ;)

the real party starts after the sun goes down. :cheers :rocker
Yes it does. Hoping it all works out again this year so I can be there. Sent boss man a text yesterday. "Only 7 months till the next GEO METRO PALOOZA" So he knows I am serious about being there again. It would be my third trip from the NorCal coast. It takes a while getting there, but it can and has been done.

brsja
Member Avatar

GeoStalker
Mar 3 2017, 08:18 AM

Purple Vert? :hmm

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

brsja
Mar 3 2017, 11:34 AM
GeoStalker
Mar 3 2017, 08:18 AM

Purple Vert? :hmm

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Headline News · Next Topic »
Add Reply