Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
valve train question; rocker roller pins
Topic Started: Mar 19 2017, 11:42 AM (222 Views)
dlsacco123
[ *  * ]
I have noise in the valve train I am chasing. I have replaced the valve lash adjusters, but have noticed the pins that keep the roller tips on keep sliding out of position where they are contacting the adjacent rocker. Is this normal? what is supposed to keep the pins centered in the rocker?
Thanks,
Daniel
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ptcapboy

I think your 95 is the same set up as my 96 1.3-the only thing I can think of is that the bearings inside the roller of your rocker arm are falling out-does the roller move side to side at all beside spinning? you may need new rocker arms on any sloppy rollers-I would try getting them at a junkyard-

dlsacco123
[ *  * ]
Rollers are fine, they are confined in the rocker but the pins they ride on drift out of the rocker. If I push them back they feel like they click into place in some fashion but next thing you know they are drifted out again. they don't go far as the adjacent rocker limits their motion..but they do rub.
Edited by dlsacco123, Mar 19 2017, 05:37 PM.

ptcapboy

my computer won't copy and paste but you should look at a topic called "1995 metro lsi 1.3 4 cylinder hydraulic lifters?" from April 18 2014 in the engine section of this forum-especially the link in post #8

nineoneandblue
Member Avatar

ptcapboy
Mar 20 2017, 04:44 PM
my computer won't copy and paste but you should look at a topic called "1995 metro lsi 1.3 4 cylinder hydraulic lifters?" from April 18 2014 in the engine section of this forum-especially the link in post #8
http://geometroforum.com/topic/5450418/1/

ptcapboy

Thanks nineoneandblue!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply