Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
97 metro o2 readings
Topic Started: Apr 19 2017, 07:59 PM (93 Views)
Seblicar
[ *  * ]
Okay so, this is a video of a screenshot video of my phone with the Torque Pro app to read my OBD2. There are two of them. The 22nd video is Idling at a stoplight and going and the one minute and 42nd video is me cruising down the highway. Please look at sensor one and two, and tell me if they are doing there job right. To me as an electrician, the voltage drop on the first sensor seems really really off. The car through a code about 02 sensor and I bought a new one, and I can't get it off but then the engine code went away soon after. Any thoughts?

YouTube 97 metro
YouTube 97 metro 1.40 min
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Woodie
Member Avatar

Looks to me as if sensor 1 is working fine but sensor 2 is dead.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

What was the code that set? That would help identify a problem.

The rear O2 sensor is not always active. It does have to come up to temp before it will give a reading above 0. Does the rear O2 stay down at 0 most of the time?

Do you have any exhaust leaks before the cat or around the rear O2?
Edited by freegeo, Apr 20 2017, 11:51 AM.

Seblicar
[ *  * ]
No I don't have any exhaust leak around the O2 sensor. It's stuck very stuck. I don't remember the code and I forgot to save it in the scanner tool on my phone comma but the interpretation of the code said it was malfunction on sensor 1. The second sensor stays around point 12.2 and sometimes lower. Anytime I give acceleration it will increase the value. I do have an exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold on cylinder 1.

Seblicar
[ *  * ]
Is the sensor always dropping in voltage when it reads? Shouldn't it be constant because the amount of combustion is constant when cruising?

freegeo
Member Avatar

I would fix the exhaust leak before you spend money on a sensor. It can effect the sensor readings .
Edited by freegeo, Apr 21 2017, 02:48 AM.

freegeo
Member Avatar

Seblicar
Apr 20 2017, 07:51 PM
Is the sensor always dropping in voltage when it reads? Shouldn't it be constant because the amount of combustion is constant when cruising?
Which sensor are you refering too?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Add Reply