Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
91 Metro Accelerator Switch; Got MOST of the Bits Now this switch thing....
Topic Started: Jul 14 2017, 08:45 PM (137 Views)
coreyare
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hello everyone again, I visited my local wrecking yard and found to my surprise, a recently scrapped 91 metro with AC! Got ALL the bits I needed, but the sad news....NO ACCELERATOR SWITCH!!! :'( This model was an automatic, and had everything...but the accelerator switch...

What is the purpose of the accelerator switch?

My best guess is when you floor the accelerator pedal, it cuts the compressor out as to free up horsepower and/or not blow the compressor up from lotsa rpms, only to turn it back on once the accelerator pedal is released

Does any one have this switch?

Is the switch normally closed, or normally open? is the circuit completed/opened when you press down on the accelerator pedal, or is it when the pedal is released? (just in case I want to make my own switch lol!)

Posted Image

In the image above, component 18 is the accelerator switch.

Thank you all!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

You got it, turns off the compressor under heavy acceleration. Normally open, it grounds out when you put it to the floor. You don't HAVE to have it, but your A/C won't cut off when you might just need those couple of extra horses.... :scared

Woodie
Member Avatar

My first Metro, an XFI, had aftermarket A/C and didn't have an accelerator switch. When I really needed those extra five hp I'd just punch the button on the dash.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

Woodie
Jul 15 2017, 06:26 AM
My first Metro, an XFI, had aftermarket A/C and didn't have an accelerator switch. When I really needed those extra five hp I'd just punch the button on the dash.
Or if you need the A/C to remain on, you can ask your passenger to step out to restore the power to weight ratio. :rofl

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Air Conditioning/Heating · Next Topic »
Add Reply