Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Maple Leaf Car Show/GEO Gathering; Carthage, MO October 21, 2017
Topic Started: Aug 16 2017, 05:08 AM (3,578 Views)
whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

It's never too early to make plans to join us in beautiful Carthage, Missouri on Saturday, October 21 for the Maple Leaf Car Show. It's a competitive car show with a small admission fee, but many years ago I decided Fluffy deserved to be there just like all the other classic cars. Over the years other cars have joined her, so now the Unicorn Squad (Whitetop, Geo4theWin, WillmRush, Toaster Cat, and Scoobs) are regular attendees. Last year a new forum member from Oklahoma joined us, as well.

Carthage is in SW Missouri, but close enough to SE Kansas, NW Arkansas, and NE Oklahoma that it is not a long drive. We usually meet at Hardee's for breakfast and then assemble at the meet around eight in the morning. We adjourn to my house in Joplin for a cookout in the afternoon, and then we will camp somewhere for the night. We finish up with breakfast the next morning. The campsite has not been selected for this year yet, but more information will be coming.

There will be hundreds of cool cars at the event as well as food tents and a swap meet. You can find out more information and sign up at mapleleafcarshow.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scoobs
Member Avatar
:D

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WiscoMetro
Member Avatar
Seeking the Science of MPG

Tentatively count me in. But by then I'll have my '97 going and there's no way it's eligible to be a show car :hiding .

whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

Don't fear the competition. We are there not to win but to prove a point. LOL the more cars on the field the better. It's more about hanging out together than anything else. It only costs ten bucks to register early or around fifteen at the show. You have to pay to get on the field and park together. You'd be surprised how many people want to come look at the GEOs.

turbogts22
Member Avatar
Dean
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If all goes well Tim and I should be able to attend. The ole Turbo Sprint should have a few more road trips left in it.

Scoobs
Member Avatar

ugh oh, im gonna have to make mine stand out more XD

whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

Quote:

If all goes well Tim and I should be able to attend. The ole Turbo Sprint should have a few more road trips left in it.

Wow! I guarantee you that car will be a big hit. That is exciting news for sure. More details will be coming. Right now I'm trying to nail down the campsite, but there are motels around, too.

Murf 59
Member Avatar

How many Metro have showed up in the past?

geo4thewin
Member Avatar

6 was our record year last year :P we might not have the most cars, but we sure do have some fun :lol

gogart
GOGART
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to try and make It to the meet this year. As of right now. I have left Grove Oklahoma this afternoon. Finally on my way back home after attending The 10th Annual GEOPALOOZA, And the 6th Annual Minnesota meet, Had a great time at both. Take care all GOGART

whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

This is turning into a full-on get together! I wish I had a farm where everyone could stay, but we will for sure feed everyone at our house after we leave the car show and I will arrange for someplace for us to camp nearby. How much fun is this!?

Scoobs
Member Avatar

I liked that campground from last year XD the walk to the bar was nice, the walk back, not so much XD

Posted Image
Edited by Scoobs, Aug 23 2017, 09:32 AM.

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Scoobs
Aug 23 2017, 09:30 AM
I liked that campground from last year XD the walk to the bar was nice, the walk back, not so much XD

Posted Image
Great picture Scoobs. :cheers

willmrush
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Can't wait to see a bigger group!

Murf 59
Member Avatar

So who all is going???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gathers/Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply