Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greatings from WA
Topic Started: Oct 9 2017, 06:33 PM (390 Views)
Jester72
[ *  * ]
Hello Everyone,
Let me explain how I ended up here.
The wife and I each need a car to work our rotating shift work schedule. We were planning on trading in the wifes car on a new truck. After talking with several dealers and allowing them to insult me with their trade in offers, I decided about a month ago to post her car for sale on Craigslist for about $5,000 more than dealer trade in. Surprisingly, I had it sold in 3 days! The bad news is I still wasn't completely sure what I wanted to buy, and needed a second vehicle.

To be brutally honest here, I decided to start searching craigslist for a cheap DISPOSABLE car, just to get thru the winter allowing me to build up a little larger down payment. I managed to find a little Geo Metro hatch about 3 hours away. It seemed to be in decent condition so we went to look at it. It was originally light blue but now has a dark blue hatch back and could use a front fender. The radio doesn't work but it has all good glass. The engine was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago complete with all new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. There was even a brand new set of snow tires in the back. I thought, "Not bad for $800 bucks" and drove it home the 3 hours. Checked the driveway the next morning to see how big the oil leak in the driveway was, astonishingly there was not a drop of anything under the car.

Well, the first thing I do is insure the car. I'm on the insurance website and have to enter the VIN. I had no idea what I was buying, turns out the website decoded the VIN# as an XFI. Had to do a little research to figure out what I had bought. I'm happy! Talk about fun to drive! :cheers

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 00B0B_6YwXlpALH1b_1200x900.jpg (167.48 KB)
Edited by Jester72, Oct 9 2017, 11:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nwgeo

Welcome to the site. Yep, they are fun to drive, easy to work on, parts are inexpensive, and they get great MPG. Esp. the xfi model.

1993XFI

Welcome! Nice find also.

Turbo Dan-O
Member Avatar
Obsessive Car Detailer

Welcome!

1DCGUY
Member Avatar
Don't be a "Richard"

Welcome!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Welcome aboard!

Mythstae
Member Avatar

Welcome to the forum!
I've got some stereos pre-wired for Metros. All aftermarket ones. If you're interested in one, shoot me a PM. I'll dig through the pile.

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Welcome to the forum. Was it PO a member here maybe?

freegeo
Member Avatar

Welcome to the forum!

geogonfa
Member Avatar

:congrats Welcome to the Fun!!! :greet

evmetro

Welcome!

Bjetmech
Member Avatar

Welcome!!!

fixitup219
[ *  * ]
welcome to the forum
from Indiana
Edited by fixitup219, Oct 26 2017, 01:33 AM.

rannyv
[ *  * ]
Welcome. I am from Portland and just bought my XFI in Washington state. When looking, I was surprised at how many XFI's I came across. Funny you mentioned checking under the car the next morning. I did that too and while I didn't find no drops, I found very little. But it's an old car, so I'm counting on repairs. It's a surprisingly fun / pleasant car to drive given its age and inexpensive construction.

Crvett69

shouldnt a xfi have all black bumpers? nice looking car though

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply