Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Metros in India?; Me No See
Topic Started: Nov 13 2017, 12:58 PM (143 Views)
whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

Posted Image

I recently returned from a great trip to India. We covered a lot of territory and I was always on the lookout for an old Swift or something resembling one of our older Metros. There are tons of Suzukis in India. I would say they are one of the most popular cars over there. There are not a lot of older cars around; if you saw the way they drive you would totally understand. All three of the cars in the upper part of this picture are Suzukis, and the one in the upper middle is an example of probably the oldest kind of car I saw and the most similar to a Metro.

Watching cars in Asian countries could be a full-time job. I was overwhelmed most of the time. Unlike the time I spent in China, very few Indian cars are immediately recognizable, and you certainly don't see Buicks and Cadillacs everywhere amongst the Bentleys and Porsches you see in cities like Shanghai. Gas is around four dollars a gallon, so MPG is very important.

My favorite vehicles were the little Tuk-Tuks, which are the autorickshaws you see everywhere.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: Indian_Suzukis.jpg (112.41 KB)
Edited by whitetop, Nov 13 2017, 01:00 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clen
Member Avatar
Buy 'Em Up! Now!

I know the Suzuki Cultus was big in Pakistan, but I don't know if it was big in India.

Here is a nice article about it

https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/suzuki-cultus-was-known-by-as-many-as-14-names-around-the-world/
Edited by clen, Nov 13 2017, 02:15 PM.

whitetop
Member Avatar
I Can't Find My Tent...

That was a good article. I noticed the picture of the convertible included the rear fog lamps I recently installed and the fender-mounted turn signals I installed before the MMM in August. They were Euro-spec items I purchased new from Latvia and used from a German salvage yard.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pictures/Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply