Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Team swift?
Topic Started: Dec 7 2017, 01:22 PM (5,190 Views)
notzig
[ *  * ]
Is the team swift forum down for anyone else?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Teeth
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Yes. I'm very sad--I hope this eventually gets sorted out. In the meantime, I did make a Teamswift.net group on FB in case we never see it again :(

Bad Goat
[ *  *  * ]
Hope it comes back. I'd be sad about all the lost tech information!

edgardoswift
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Let me.know if it gets back please

theincride
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Still down today.. That place was becoming VERY quiet lately. Sad though as it does have a huge database of knowledge.

CMA

http://geometroforum.com/topic/8084714/1/?x=90

And yeah it's sad... but that's how business is.
Edited by CMA, Dec 8 2017, 08:33 PM.

john.
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Too bad if team swift is gone,

CAMI MAN
Member Avatar
CUSTODIAN OF THE MR.SUZUKI CONVERTIBLE

I hope TEAMSWIFT comes back online so much valuable information would be lost . :(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

popsracer
[ *  * ]
We had a good time.
For me been 12 yrs.
lot of intertaining stories great people.
bought 6 cars from members and sold 4 others.

Last few yrs With broken links in most post
People moving on it's been on life support for a while.... Teamswift.net will be missed
Shout out to Mister Mullett for letting us use GMF to keep up on the latest "Teamswift" news

Swifterthanu
Member Avatar
Teamswift troller

Yep, for me since 2004. I had two accounts Gunslinger (1st one died when server crapped out in 2006?) and Swifterthanu. Many friends made on the site from Quebec to Juarez. Hope it comes back as well.

Prairie to pine

Teamswift.was/is a fantastic resource for tech, Info and community. That was the 1st forum I was a member of. Kudos to the site owners and moderators who have kept it going for so many years as a labor of love. even a s the number of users and enthusiasts have declined . Lots of friends and good contacts there. There are the usual amount of flakes (usually dealt with quickly by the rest of us) and grumps (Who paradoxically are some of the most knowledgeable members. Go figure ) I hope they all migrate here if Teamswift is truly down for the count. One additional thought.
Lets continue to support GMF with our regular visits and comments. This community is phenomenal . Kudos to Johnny Mullet and the other moderators for always keeping this site on a positive note, and a force for good. but especially Johnny for his forethought ,leadership and willingness to take on the responsibility and expense of this site and hosting the annual gathering of the faithful.lets encourage him and each other I our quest to keep our beloved little rollarskates going. Best wishes to each, Jonathan

Swifterthanu
Member Avatar
Teamswift troller

Does anyone know how much a monthly cost is associated to running something like Teamswift?

CMA

Actually SuzukiTom and I were discussing about this topic... SuzukiTom seriously considers to host the TS... or make new TS-based site.

He got all mad skills to set up.

If you all want to support for hosting and etc.. would be very appreciated.

WiscoMetro
Member Avatar
Seeking the Science of MPG

Never looked at teamswift until literally 12/6. Trying to get some more info on the G13BB, looking forward to continue my reading.

macuserman
Member Avatar

Hi everyone!

I've been working with Jess since October trying to come up with a way to take over and update TS and keep it running. I think everyone knows, that Jess has been wanting to get away from TS for a little while, unfortunately we were unable to come to an agreement and Jess told me that the plan was to shut the site down sometime in the next year. I'm not sure if that was the intention currently given all of the other business sites that have been taken down as well, it's possible that it will pop back up soon. However, even if it does the site has been full of errors and problems lately due to lack of maintenance and the site isn't suddenly going to start being maintained even if it does come back online temporarily.

To that end when I realized I would not be able to save the site itself, I started making plans to the next best thing and that is save the information and provide a new place for us enthusiasts to congregate! So I have a new host, and a new domain name and a new site! You can find it at http://www.ssgtirepository.com/ The site is still very much under development and nothing is finalized yet, so if you have opinions on things you would like to see or have implemented now is the time to pop on over and make yourself heard. Of course you are welcome to do your own thing if you absolutely hate the new site. But if you would like to use it it is already available and absolutely free. :) I've tried not to make it an exact duplication of TS so take a look and let me know what you think or if you have any problems or suggestions. One of the new things I've done besides simply updating things, is to allow internal image hosting so all images that are uploaded are now part of the site and won't be broken later by external third party hosting changes.

I do have an archive site scrape of the TS site, but it is not available quite yet. I'm trying to work that out in the meantime I've provided a link to the internet archive and you an go browse the old site there if you like.

Thanks for taking a look!
Happy Swifting Everyone!
Ivan
Edited by Johnny Mullet, Dec 12 2017, 07:17 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements & Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply