Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PCV Valve/ Air Filter Housing / Valve Cover Hose; What is it called?
Topic Started: Dec 17 2017, 05:05 PM (425 Views)
HumbleServant1611
[ *  *  * ]
Hello so I took my PCV Valve off to replace it but I found that the hose connecting it to the air filter and valve cover was plugged with vapor residue. Super thick stuff so I decide to soak it it acetone over night to find it swollen and I’m not sure what the correct term is so I can search for another one if they sell them anymore but if I have to I’ll just tape the whole thing in electric tape because it only has vapours going through it. Any suggestions would help I found this PCVElbow but I don’t think it’s for what I’m thinking here’s a picture:

Posted Image

Where would I beginning to find hoses for the Geo?

HumbleServant1611
Edited by HumbleServant1611, Dec 17 2017, 05:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

bbowens sells new parts, he is a member here on the forum. Other than that it is basicly a junk yard or post something in the wanted section.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

Is this what yours looks like?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCV-Breather-Hose-Geo-Metro-3cyl-1-0L-Flat-Top-Valve-Cover-NEW-GENUINE-OEM/222723486113?fits=Make%3AGeo%7CModel%3AMetro&hash=item33db5ab1a1:g:JOEAAOSwv~1aD1~W&vxp=mtr

HumbleServant1611
[ *  *  * ]
Really close but it looks like this...

Posted Image

there aren’t many junk yards that have geos where I live but I see my Geo everywhere.

freegeo
Member Avatar

bbowens has those also I think. I thought you had the older type.

sphenicie

For the G10, there is 2 PCV hoses. 1991 and earlier, and 1992 +.
They changed when the valve cover changed.

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

BBowens definitely has them, but you can also use the t elbow and some short lengths of hose if you can't track one down.

Oscar'sPilot
[ *  * ]
freegeo
Dec 17 2017, 07:25 PM
bbowens has those also I think. I thought you had the older type.
This is the exact valve cover to PCV breather hose I've been trying to locate. Is it worth taking mine back to stock for the oil vapors to flow back into the t/b? Mine is a '97 metro 1.0
Edited by Oscar'sPilot, Aug 9 2018, 03:19 AM.

freegeo
Member Avatar

I have a extra one if you can't end up finding one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Intake and Exhaust Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply