Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Smokin' Deal on New Proline Wheels ($88/set); PepBoys.com Promo
Topic Started: Dec 25 2017, 09:41 PM (2,617 Views)
94RHDRollerskate
Member Avatar
Forum Stud Muffin

Came across this deal on the Geo Metro 2.0 Facebook page, and thought I would share the news:

Proline Wheels Set of 4 for only $88.04 w/ Free Shipping too! There are a few style to choose from for our cars, prices may vary.

Proline Wheels

I almost bought a set of my car, but backed off because it would offset the look I've gone with. If my car were left stock, or if it was a 95+ model with no body mods available I would have them. Plus I have GTi 7-spokes.

Wheels searched for using Honda Del Sol to get the correct size/bolt pattern etc.

Once on the PepBoys site, click tires tab... click custom wheels... enter 1993 Honda Del Sol for vehicle... select wheel style... add to cart... boom.

Posted Image

Mythstae says:
Offer Details: $50 off Set of 4 Proline Wheels
Valid online until 11:55 pm EST on 12/31/17
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Proline_Wheels.jpg (104.25 KB)
Edited by Mythstae, Dec 25 2017, 10:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

94RHDRollerskate
Member Avatar
Forum Stud Muffin

Visual aid of them mounted on a Metro...
Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 20140710_200820_resized_2_zpsf32eefca.jpg (82.55 KB)

3 Pot
3 Pot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Smokin buy there. Thanks for sharing.

3 Pot

Mythstae
Member Avatar

I already snagged a set; we have so many Metros here, that having an extra set of wheels and tires hanging around, is a really good idea.

Thanks for posting, Gary!

Mythstae
Member Avatar

And don't forget, it's FREE SHIPPING!

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Clearly, there's a glitch in their system, as the "$50 discount" deal, is only supposed to be for complete set of 4 wheels, and not $50 off for each wheel. Should be interesting to see if they honor the "deal", if you've successfully completed an on-line order for a set of 4.

"$50 off Set of 4 Proline Wheels
Valid online until 11:55 pm EST on 12/31/17"

Mythstae
Member Avatar

PTA2PTB
Dec 25 2017, 10:21 PM
Should be interesting to see if they honor the "deal", if you've successfully completed an on-line order for a set of 4.
I did! We'll see. :news

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar

Anyone know how much they weigh?

Mythstae
Member Avatar

15 or 16 lbs approx.

1DCGUY
Member Avatar
Don't be a "Richard"

Mythstae
Dec 25 2017, 10:06 PM
I already snagged a set; we have so many Metros here, that having an extra set of wheels and tires hanging around, is a really good idea.

Thanks for posting, Gary!
Let us know if this really happens. :hmm

I know I'm being pessimistic, but I read the ad as $50 off per set, and I'm wondering if you are going to get an email saying the website wasn't functioning correctly.

Don't get me wrong, if I needed a set of rims right now, I would be ordering up a set also.

Let us know how this goes for you. :thumb

Mythstae
Member Avatar

Oh yeah, for sure! I will definitely let everyone know what happens! ^o)

94RHDRollerskate
Member Avatar
Forum Stud Muffin

I would say they have to honor it. (False advertising). I'm sure if it's a glitch, someone will not have a good return from vacation.

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar

Mythstae
Dec 25 2017, 10:31 PM
15 or 16 lbs approx.
For 13" wheels? Are you sure? I think the OEM steelies weigh less than that.

I'm really-really doubtful that they're going to honor these transactions, with a $200 instant rebate, that should only have bee $50. Nonetheless, I'm not willing to take that chance, so I ordered 2 sets, a set for my Sidekick, and a spare set for my Metro. ^o)

I fully expect an email from them, informing me that it was a glitch, and, if I still want the wheels, I'll have to cough up another $150 per set.

Kik
Member Avatar

Ahhh somebody musta caught up with it...either Manny, moe or Jack...site won't advance beyond "Loading Image"

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar

Kik
Dec 25 2017, 11:17 PM
Ahhh somebody musta caught up with it...either Manny, moe or Jack...site won't advance beyond "Loading Image"
the dickheads!

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tires/Wheels/Bearings/Brakes · Next Topic »
Add Reply