Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
97 1.0 Heater Core Replacement
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 11:51 PM (130 Views)
Oscar'sPilot
[ *  * ]
Heat went out in my 1.0 hatchback. Using an infared gun the outlet pipe of the heater core was roughly 45° cooler than the inlet. So the process began of changing the heater core. Let me just say, and excuse my language, this shit ain't no fun. I've got about 6.5 hours into this fuckery and it sucks. Heater core is replaced and heater suitcase, condenser, and blower motor are back in. Now all that's left is refilling the coolant system and figuring out exactly where all 74 screws belong lol. I'm seriously debating not putting half of this crap back in.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ptcapboy

hmm-maybe you tube videos can help-I know it's too late now but I would have tried cleaning the old one first-
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oscar'sPilot
[ *  * ]
ptcapboy
Jan 12 2018, 05:37 PM
hmm-maybe you tube videos can help-I know it's too late now but I would have tried cleaning the old one first-
After removing the old one, I don't think flushing it would've done much good. Looks like a previous owner how used a ridiculous amount of stop leak. It was so gunked up with rust colored thick sludge that I understand why nothing was passing through efficiently. Oscar is almost back together. Will post up whether it fixes my "no heat" issue in a few days hopefully.

ptcapboy

yeah I'm sure you're right I heard that stuff is nasty on cores-looking forward to an update and I'm betting your heat will be much better-
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

92blumetro
jack of all trades, master of two

:shake leak sealer :shake

Oscar'sPilot
[ *  * ]
Console is put back together, coolant system is serviced, and the heat feels great! Ended up pulling over a milk jug worth of squirrel nest, nuts, and rat turds out of my vents and condenser suitcase. After clearing all the tubes and boxes of the debris it blows awesome. Drove it to work tonight (15° Memphis, TN) and it was well worth the hassle. Next project will be a new clutch kit! Throwout bearing has been grinding for quite some time now :rasp

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Air Conditioning/Heating · Next Topic »
Add Reply