Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Swifteroo
Topic Started: Jan 29 2018, 11:42 AM (904 Views)
Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Short story: car was bought in late 2016 and what i plan to do is fully restore it and keep it in good shape.

What i have done so far:
New plug wires
new distributor and rotor
New battery
New alternator
Big rust holes welded up (not done by myself)
Brake fluid flush
Coolant swap to g12+
Minor cosmetic things

These are the pictures from the ad itself
Spoiler: click to toggle

One of the rust holes before it got repaired
https://imgur.com/a/HGTTC

Put pure white bulbs in the cluster instead of sad green tinted ones

Brake fluid change to dot4

Few led upgrades and addition

This is about it what i have done so far from 2016-2018
Edited by Swift-guy, Jan 30 2018, 09:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stubby79
Member Avatar

Aww, fond memories...I keep my eyes open for a 92-94 (updated interior), but one never pops up...

5 digit odometer with a tach...interesting!

200km/hr speedo...HA! I'd like to see that. :P (I wonder if mine goes up that high...)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Top speed is about 170 kmh or 105-107mph ish on a straight freeway :drivin
I would have loved a 6 digit so i could see the 1 as well.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

that's a bit more than a 92-94 interior. ;) the north american market never got any of those fancy fabrics that the european cars were equipped with.

on that note and to the op, the eu is a big place. your location is pretty non-specific. :whistle

Tytyblueyes
[ *  * ]
Fabric looks straight out of a skating rink. I want it... my plain grey looks meh.

ScotSwift
Member Avatar
GMFs resident Brit

Nice to see another European member! Air conditioning? You lucky devil! The UK never got A/C as an option.

t3ragtop
Jan 29 2018, 05:42 PM
on that note and to the op, the eu is a big place. your location is pretty non-specific. :whistle

The Netherlands. These cars seem to have survived quite well there compared to here in the UK.

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A few more things:

Volt meter

Painted valve cover

Still need to fix some minor things up because the car only gets about 35mpg. (fuel injector probably)
Edited by Swift-guy, Jan 30 2018, 09:51 AM.

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
First start of the year video, also ignore my video camera dying at the beginning
https://streamable.com/b0i2s

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Swift-guy
Feb 23 2018, 11:46 AM
First start of the year video, also ignore my video camera dying at the beginning
https://streamable.com/b0i2s
Somewhere out there, most likely in the middle of the Indian ocean, lurks a sperm whale, that wants to mate with your car, mate. Just sayin...

Be smart. Carry a full roll of Viva paper towels with you in your car, wherever you go; especially if it's near the seashore.

Congrats on getting it running, btw. :thumb
Edited by PTA2PTB, Feb 23 2018, 02:46 PM.

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
PTA2PTB
Feb 23 2018, 02:46 PM

it did not start at first because i had disconnected the injection so i could get oil to move around :D

it still drives as nice as before winter

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

Swift-guy
Feb 23 2018, 05:51 PM
PTA2PTB
Feb 23 2018, 02:46 PM

it did not start at first because i had disconnected the injection so i could get oil to move around :D

it still drives as nice as before winter
pulling the 15A FI fuse works too

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Was a bad day

First it fails the smog test, i have put the old injector back in on the spot MYSELF and still have to pay double the price Posted Image :banghead :banghead
THEN it would not start at the place so i spray it with my handy can of brake cleaner. We go to the store to buy grosseries and after that IT WOULDNT start AGAIN :banghead Spraying it with more brake cleaner it starts up. We drive home and I GET REAR ENDED!! :smackface

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Edited by Swift-guy, Mar 15 2018, 03:52 PM.

ScotSwift
Member Avatar
GMFs resident Brit

It doesn't look too bad to be fair. The boot lid looks like it lines up OK and the rear quarter panel looks fine so presumably is it's just the rear panel that is bent. Should be fairly easily pushed back into place.
Edited by ScotSwift, Mar 13 2018, 05:47 PM.

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The bumper has been repaired fine without costing me a thing, although they didnt seem to touch up the paint on the body where it scraped off behind the bumper :banghead

Went to get the ac refillled but it fail the leak test. so time for new condenser. the mechanic ask 400$ for it
i do it myself and it only costs 180$ including a refill and the cost of diagnose.

Posted Image

All the pictures in here

Swift-guy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Just a small update as i have mostly just been driving the car instead of working on it these days...

First i tidy up the engine bay a bit, make it more black instead of gold. Add some 3x16awg wires to the factory electrical for a little bit of upgrade.
Posted Image

Change the gearbox oil with a 80w90 but the 5th gear whirring is still audible. oh well. either it grenades itself or the clutch wears out and ill get to bothering.
Posted Image
Also sprayed some parts in a marine grade grease while i was at it.
Posted Image

Some light tweakings, the blinkers are now fully led with adjustable speed relay. Got rid of the hids because they are just overcomplicating things, unreliable, and have bad beam spread.
https://streamable.com/0nc33

And last there is now a semi decent cheap dashcam installed.
Posted Image
footage: https://streamable.com/a8w9z

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or feedback is nice :whistle
Edited by Swift-guy, Jul 1 2018, 05:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply