Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AC 1996 1.0 L pull condensor; New condensor
Topic Started: Feb 5 2018, 08:42 PM (127 Views)
Iconn
Member Avatar
ICONN

:rocker :type What needs to be removed first to get the condenser out? I have the engine out. Can I get it out without messing up the hood latch? Thanks :banghead :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MR1 Kingsbury
Member Avatar
Exp. builder/rebuilder

have to get the frigerant out first... that's easy. then remove bolts and nuts attached to the condenser fan. I think one other bracket or bolt underneath and the connections to the compressor and the accumulator.

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

Pull the bumper first and after that it's gravy. ^o)
The hood latch support has to come off too, but with the bumper off, it's just a couple of bolts.

Iconn
Member Avatar
ICONN

Have you ever had a hood latch that did no line up and now will not OPEN?! I tend to be paranoid about such things. thanks

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

If you leave the latch alone and just pull the support, the alignment does not change. However, a Metro hood latch is stupid easy to pop open if the pull wire doesn't work.

Iconn
Member Avatar
ICONN

Whew! I am glad you all are there. Thanks!

sphenicie

Iconn
Feb 5 2018, 11:12 PM
Have you ever had a hood latch that did no line up and now will not OPEN?! I tend to be paranoid about such things. thanks
if you do ever have to remove the latch, simply scribe around it before you loosen the bolts.

nickb803
NickB803

Freon then radiator assy. I'm about to do mine here in a month after I get the parts.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Air Conditioning/Heating · Next Topic »
Add Reply