Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I sold EcoMudder
Topic Started: Feb 12 2018, 09:22 AM (600 Views)
Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

I built this project in 2011 and had a blast with it at the local mud park for two years. There was a lot of fans of the EcoMudder, but we kept getting kicked out of the 5 mile trail ride and this was the whole purpose of building this project. They would not allow us in the trails because it was not a 4 wheel drive even though we never had any issues getting stuck there. Then we kept getting yelled at for driving "too fast" around the mudding area, so I said hell with it and quit going to the mud park.

EcoMudder sat in my garage for over 3 years until we started it up and drove it around at GeoPalooza 2016. The transmission quit working and I put it back in the garage in the same spot where it sat until this weekend. I knew I was not going to do anything more to this project except maybe replace the transmission and sell it because after getting kicked out of the mud park and was not even allowed to enter a different mud park, I lost interest in it.

I was chatting with local Geo Metro owner Kevin Richards and he was talking about building a Geo truck to use around his property. I told him why not buy my EcoMudder and fix it up. All it needs was a pressure washing, a transmission, and all the bearings and brakes gone through. He has 3 parts cars with everything he needs at his place. I gave him an offer he could not refuse and came and got it. I am glad it went to a Geo Metro enthusiast and will get the love it needs. Funny thing is the damn car started right up and drove onto the car dolly.........

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 27655174_1791155837594006_8057967277338660776_n.jpg (66.08 KB)
Attachments: 27655245_1791155887594001_6853738734980942990_n.jpg (44.35 KB)
Attachments: 27858342_1791155627594027_5911654231053357544_n.jpg (62.25 KB)
Attachments: 27972109_1791155770927346_3437782900174314788_n.jpg (67.38 KB)
Attachments: 27973674_1791155717594018_9123172576230504734_n.jpg (66.81 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clen
Member Avatar
Buy 'Em Up! Now!

I'm sad and happy

I'm sad that you gave up ecomudder. It was a great build you did. I'm glad it found a new home and I hope they take good care of it.

Quote:

Funny thing is the damn car started right up and drove onto the car dolly.........

Well you did a good job assembling the car and a good job taking care of it.

Edited by clen, Feb 12 2018, 09:49 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

geogonfa
Member Avatar

At least you know a another Metro enthusiast is going to have fun with it...
That is always a good thing... :thumb

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Sorry to see it go. It was cool watching the vids of your building and driving it. Was funny as hell watching Mrs Mullet have to get out in the mud when it got stuck one time. LOL Don't forget to send that custom 2 spd transmission with it. It won't do much anymore except have 1/2 and R gears. Great project. I hope I can get out of my land speed racer soon. Fear the Mullet!

MR1 Kingsbury
Member Avatar
Exp. builder/rebuilder

Perhaps the ecoMudder will return for a visit at GeoPalooza XI.

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

It was a fun project while it lasted.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

more room in the shop. :thumb

Murf 59
Member Avatar

t3ragtop
Feb 12 2018, 05:37 PM
more room in the shop. :thumb
:gp

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

clen
Feb 12 2018, 09:48 AM
I'm sad and happy
I'm sad that you gave up ecomudder. It was a great build you did. I'm glad it found a new home and I hope they take good care of it.

:gp
Story of our little cars lives, constantly underestimated and told what a piece of :shit they are while running circles about the competition.

werase643

my money is the bus doesn't fit in the shop......

Murf 59
Member Avatar

werase643
Feb 13 2018, 11:23 AM
:lol :lol :lol :cheers

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Murf 59
Feb 13 2018, 12:30 PM
werase643
:lol :lol :lol :cheers
Dependent on what you're driving, there are times when, "being able to put it all the way in, and still have half of it sticking out", is NOT a good thing.

Perhaps all those people on the "short bus", were smarter than we gave them credit for?

MR1 Kingsbury
Member Avatar
Exp. builder/rebuilder

The bus is an extension of the shop...

Woodie
Member Avatar

werase643
It might fit if you cut it in half.

Bank2me
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Ecomudder looks pretty damn sweet Johnny. But yea if they wouldn't let you run it on the trail, to hell with them. Atleast another Geo lover is getting the car and you have more room in your garage, and money in your pocket.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pictures/Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply