Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I cant get my 94 geo metro to start; Can anyone help?
Topic Started: Feb 12 2018, 07:03 PM (265 Views)
Dameon.p
[ *  * ]
I have a 1994 geo metro i just bought 3 days ago, i drove it around and it was just fine but on my second day of driving it around i parked it, turned the car off, i realized that i wasnt parked how id like to be so went to turn the car back on and it wouldnt start...

-i took the battery out and tested it at autozone, its fine.

-i took the starter out tested it, fine as well..

At this point im not sure quite what to do. I still have power to my stereo and headlight still turn on. When i was driving it around i noticed that sometimes when i tried to start the car it would die immediately so i would have to catch the gas at just the right time and i would have to rev the engine for like 30 seconds to help it warm up.. i will attach a video of the noise it was making when i would first start the car up that seemed abnormal
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ptcapboy

I would check to see if you're getting spark and fuel-I have checked spark by pulling off the coil wire at the distributer cap and carefully set it where I can observe it in the lower crack in the hood and crank the engine and see if there's spark-if there is you can listen and see if you can hear the whrill of the fuel pump for 2 seconds when you turn the key-if you do hear it you can try pouring a little gas down the throttle body put the air cleaner back and see if it starts-if all checks out up to this point you can remove the distributer cap with the wires still attached and check inside-one more check you can see if the rotor shaft turns when the key is cranked or you can remove the oil fill cap and see if the camshaft turns when the key is cranked-

sphenicie

look at the small wire to the solenoid. If it does not have a good connection the car will not start.
Edited by sphenicie, Feb 13 2018, 06:31 AM.

Woodie
Member Avatar

Dameon.p
Feb 12 2018, 07:03 PM
it wouldnt start...
Here's where we need a lot more detail, what do you mean by "wouldn't start"?

Does it crank over on the starter but the engine just doesn't catch and start running?

Does nothing happen whatsoever when you turn the key to start?

Does it make a big click when you turn the key to start but the starter motor doesn't crank the engine over?

MichaelSAlford
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
The suspense on this thread is killing me!

Mrbreeze

:gp :thumb :+1

Dameon.p
[ *  * ]
I solved the issue, the groubd wire on my starter was not on there.. thanks you guys!

Metromightymouse
Member Avatar
Powdercoat Wizard

Starter grounds through the housing and where it's bolted to the car...
2 wires, large one is direct from the battery and the small one is the ignition wire.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply