Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cs130 alternator recomendations?; Best place to grab stuff for the cs130 conversion
Topic Started: Mar 8 2018, 11:08 PM (407 Views)
Broons7388
[ *  * ]
So today my alternator failed, I was looking into the conversion upgrade and was wondering where the best places to get the correct things I will need are. I know to probably not order from adventures and think this is the correct bracket to order. http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/suzuki-off-road-parts/sidekick-tracker-x90/1-6l-8v-engine/gm-alternator-bracket.html
I was wondering where I should get the alternator from or if anyone had any recommendations of ones they have ordered that worked for them. I was also wondering if you recommend the conversion adapter. Is there anything else I will need other than 4 gauge wire to connect to the battery terminal and upgrading to a 100 amp fuse which I think if I read the forums correctly I should do? It seems the consensus is I can use the same sized belt.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickb803
NickB803

Kit:

http://stores.adventure-off-rd.com/suzuki-samurai-1-3-1-6-gm-alternator-conversion-bracket/

Alternator:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-GMC-TRUCK-VAN-105-AMP-OUTPUT-ALTERNATOR-87-93-/130682233716?txnId=1439272854003&redirect=mobile

Edited by nickb803, Mar 9 2018, 01:15 AM.

Broons7388
[ *  * ]
I was under the impression adventure took forever to get your stuff and the guy was kinda shady. Hotrodray had good things to say about low range off-road so I was leaning of going with them. Also I am kinda suspect of the quality of parts on eBay as I ordered motor mounts and they actually made my car vibrate worse than the old ones which prompted me to put the old ones back in and was 10x better than the new ones. I was hoping for more of a testimonial with someone saying they ordered that specific part and it had worked well for them.

92blumetro
jack of all trades, master of two

someone here should just copy and build those cs130 brackets-just sayin' :whistle
nice billet aluminum or cnc machined :wub:

nickb803
NickB803

I've bought over 20 alternators from db and only one ever failed, which was replaced under the warranty. I've also bought from adventure a few times and never had an issue there either. It does take a few weeks to get the kit.

Broons7388
[ *  * ]
I ordered the kit on March 10th from off road. A shipping label has been printed on th 19th but it hasnt been brought to UPSP yet. My car has been sitting for this amount of time as I figured I might as well upgrade instead of just a replacement. I don't know what kind of business he is running.

nickb803
NickB803

He's always slow but you will get it. But I agree, someone here should make the kit and sell it...

mk4_wolfie
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Had a quick question about this conversion as well. My kit just arrived from off road and there is nothing saying anything about what belt to use other then the GM V Belt and I'm not doing that.

Are you guys using the stock belt still or does someone have a part number for the belt they used. Much appreciated :) or to hijack. Didn't feel like creating a thread.

Tyrantcleana
[ *  *  * ]
that's crazy shipping takes that long. maybe he imports them after you pay or something then reships them to you.

nickb803
NickB803

stock belt

Hotrodray1
Member Avatar
Over Educated parts guy

Take old belt cut it and put alternator in middle of adjustment. Then wrap old belt around pulleys and measure how much more you need to make ends touch. I have CS alter on my Gti and my sidekick and my metro all take different belts. That's how I get my belt length.

92blumetro
jack of all trades, master of two

or a piece of kite string....

mk4_wolfie
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
92blumetro
Apr 21 2018, 11:42 AM
or a piece of kite string....
Might as well. Haha. The belt on my Jetta is twice as thick damn near. Thanks for the input guys. I found out later that the conversion kit allows enough adjustment to use a stock belt.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply