Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fuel pump; Odd noise
Topic Started: Mar 11 2018, 03:20 PM (233 Views)
Az Mountaineer
Member Avatar
az metro
[ *  * ]
When I turn the ignition my fuel pump makes a noise like a low foghorn. Runs fine though. Any input ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

If it is the fuel pump making the noise you may want start looking for a new one now before it goes out.

When the key is first turned to the on position the pump runs for a few seconds. Does the noise stop at that time?
Edited by freegeo, Mar 11 2018, 04:07 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Az Mountaineer
Member Avatar
az metro
[ *  * ]
Yep

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

pumps get noisy before they fail. or if it has been sitting for a long time with old gas, it might get quieter again once it has been used for a while with fuel injector cleaner added .

the pump priming sound before start-up should be a quite faint hum. if it is loud, rough and audible that is not normal.
Edited by suzukitom, Mar 11 2018, 05:23 PM.

Az Mountaineer
Member Avatar
az metro
[ *  * ]
It is driven daily, I will begin pricing them. Good thing I have AAA.

sser2
sser2

BTW, never ever install anything other than original Denso fuel pump. Replacing pump/sender unit is involving enough so you don't want to repeat it in a few month's time.

Az Mountaineer
Member Avatar
az metro
[ *  * ]
Will do. Thanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fuel Economy/Performance · Next Topic »
Add Reply