Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It works for me
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 02:50 PM (247 Views)
JWSchuller
[ *  * ]
Got his from Farm Show , Machinist Handbook. 50/50 ratio of any automatic transmission fluid and Denatured to Alcohol . Shake well, keep in a sealed container . Works better than Kroil ,PBblaster, etc. Machinist Handbook gave comparison break-away torque specs and said mixture was the winner. Can't quote verbatim from their verbiage,but know it works great on the Metro's rear rim removal . Plus various farm equipment from the 30's to present.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Sorry, but that's neither surprising, nor new. In fact, archaeological excavators, while working in the Valley of Kings in Egypt in the late 19th century, were known to have found earthenware pottery in several of the ancient pharaoh's tombs, that were later examined and found to contain a viscous fluid-like substance that was determined to be mixture of: 2 parts ATF to 1 part of either fig tree extract, or Eucalyptus plant oils. Historians theorize that the concoction was likely used to help free up the multi-ton stones, that were used to construct the great pyramids, as they would, occasionally, become unmovable, whilst attempting to maneuver them into place.

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

[*Amenhotep's Tomb Funerary]

Tyrantcleana
[ *  *  * ]
Pretty cool. Denatured alcohol is cheap!

You wouldn't happen to be in Alabama would you?
Ive hunted up in moroeville before. Big ass catfish on the alabama river as well.

JWSchuller
[ *  * ]
Monroeville, Ohio. Yes we have a river (Huron River). Great fishing .Rodgers Harley-Davidson, George Roeders Speed Record still stands at Boneville Salt Flats. 3Patents by 3 different people too pm me if you like real history made by Blue Collar people. We only have 2traffic lights in our burg. Thank God for small communities...they made America.

Tyrantcleana
[ *  *  * ]
Ah man I was thinking Monroeville, al. That's still pretty cool though. I'm always interested in history. Author of to kill a mocking bird was from monroeville down here. I'll pm you. Sounds interesting.

Maybemaybenot
Noob
[ *  *  *  * ]
PTA2PTB
Mar 12 2018, 06:01 PM
Sorry, but that's neither surprising, nor new. In fact, archaeological excavators, while working in the Valley of Kings in Egypt in the late 19th century, were known to have found earthenware pottery in several of the ancient pharaoh's tombs, that were later examined and found to contain a viscous fluid-like substance that was determined to be mixture of: 2 parts ATF to 1 part of either fig tree extract, or Eucalyptus plant oils. Historians theorize that the concoction was likely used to help free up the multi-ton stones, that were used to construct the great pyramids, as they would, occasionally, become unmovable, whilst attempting to maneuver them into place.
PTA2PTB, I would like to say thanks for the light-hearted flavor you bring to the art of message boards! I always look forward to your responses, both GEO-related and otherwise!

Also, JW Shuller, thanks for the diy hack of the day! I am as cheap as dirt and always love a make it yourself recipe or idea!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Tech and Tool Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply