Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yamaha YZX1000R Exhaust Manifold
Topic Started: Mar 31 2018, 08:44 PM (310 Views)
plncraze
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
The Yamaha YXZ1000R is an inline 3 cylinder like the G10. Has anybody here tried to fit this exhaust manifold to the Metro engine?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Posted Image

91 ragtop
Member Avatar

Measure the center to center on both manifolds and see how close they are. If they're real close you can get a flange made to fit the Metro and have it welded to the Yamaha pipes.

Ken............

87PCT
[ *  * ]
Did similar research led me to find that the rear manifold from the dreaded half turbo Saab(gm) v6 is close enough to work with an adapter plate made but looked like too much hassle for me I may just break down and buy a header from Suzukird(300 with shipping to my state)
Edited by 87PCT, Jun 29 2018, 11:16 PM.

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

87PCT
Jun 29 2018, 11:11 PM
Did similar research led me to find that the rear manifold from the dreaded half turbo Saab(gm) v6 is close enough to work with an adapter plate made but looked like too much hassle for me I may just break down and buy a header from Suzukird(300 with shipping to my state)
Good luck with that. AFAIK, Suzukird is now defunct. Several posters have mentioned trying to get hold of them in recent months, regarding prospective purchases, to no avail. Truth be told, IMHO, most of their shit was grossly overpriced. I would have liked to have gotten one of the underdrive pulleys, but I have read that their headers were constructed of low grade stainless, that was prone to rust out.

I believe that your only current option it to have one custom fabricated. And you best bet, would be to start with a stainless header flange, ordered from GMF member sphencie, for about $30+shpg.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Intake and Exhaust Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply