Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cruise control... VSS and Tach wires where???; Looking for VSS and Tach
Topic Started: May 8 2018, 06:18 PM (130 Views)
robot750
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Hello there friends,

So I have a 2000 Chevy Geo Metro with the 4 cyl motor automatic. I have the Audiovox CCS 100 installed in it but used the magnet setup back in the day when I installed it. The sensor seems to be broken and so I want to hook it up to the VSS and Tach wires. Problem is I cant seem to find definitive info on which is which. When I look at my ECM I have a violet wire that as far as I can tell from internet info is my VSS. The tach Im not so sure.
My ECM has green connectors plugging into it. I found an image online that showed a geo metro ECM with grey plugs on it with the VSS and Tach labeled. Sadly this does not jive with mine. The wires are different.

I understand that I could hook the tach wire to the coil but its electronic and will not work properly in this model year.

So to be clear my ECM has green plugs going into it. I believe it also says F6 on it. Any help is appreciated. Big drive in a couple weeks! Please post pics if possible.

Thanks,

ROb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

the VSS signal for an automatic sedan originates from the transaxle.

a wiring diagram for the 00 Swift should be useful for your vehicle

http://metroxfi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/suzuki_swift_1998-99-00-01.pdf

Woodie
Member Avatar

Tach wire is usually brown. Not certain about 2000 though.

freegeo
Member Avatar

This is from the 1999 fsm. VSS wire is C2-4 purple wire, Tach wire is C3-6 brown wire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stiffchezze
Member Avatar
Sir Metrologist

Welcome! :banana

I'm running a CSS-100 in Rudolph and have some of my info posted over at my project thread: Link--->The Story of Rudolph
Most of my stuff is 3-cyl related but it might help. One thing, definitely add a vacuum reservoir to smooth that thing out. On your 2000 there is a great place to mount one of those GM bowling ball size reservoirs under the drivers side headlight, behind the bumper.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guides/How to · Next Topic »
Add Reply