Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If you could have another Metro feature
Topic Started: May 11 2018, 03:59 PM (390 Views)
evmetro

If you could have another option or feature in your Metro, what would it be? I often wish for colder ac, and sometimes I wish I had power windows. Fortunately, it is not a long reach to reach over and roll up the passenger window...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moringa
Member Avatar
Living BOT

Good question. I'd have to say driver/passenger door air bags as a standard requirement. My 2nd choice would be tachs in all manual trans models.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

Cruise control.

1DCGUY
Member Avatar
Don't be a "Richard"

freegeo
May 11 2018, 04:15 PM
Cruise control.
Ditto!! :gp

Mythstae
Member Avatar

1DCGUY
May 11 2018, 04:18 PM
freegeo
Cruise control.
Ditto!! :gp
Gosh, if only we knew someone who had been given an Esteem Cruise Control, with the "price" of writing a comprehensive How-To Guide on other parts/installation...
:hmm :hmm :hmm

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

5 speed automatic..

(with a column shifter, to go with my bench seat.) :lol
Edited by suzukitom, May 11 2018, 04:44 PM.

evmetro

suzukitom
May 11 2018, 04:43 PM
5 speed automatic..

(with a column shifter, to go with my bench seat.) :lol
I agree. I'd even settle for 4 speed on the automatics.

evmetro

freegeo
Cruise control.
Cruise would be nice, but I don't know how much I would use it. On my gasoline powered metros, I usually just use the accelerater stop for cruise.

geogonfa
Member Avatar

I have to finish my latest project...minimum 3 more weeks...
Then maybe work on the cruise control (already picked up all the pieces I need)... :hmm

redpepe

when i first got the metro i was putting lots of miles on .... all the continental us and alaska, canada and mexico. i had cruise control installed. a nice convenience for those 600mi sprints! it had some hiccups which the installer corrected and finally gave up many years later. i don't travel like that now so haven't replaced it.

curiously the car came with an alarm system. pretty useless from my standpoint. sometimes i wanted a passenger power window but was more inclined toward a remote for the rear windows.

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

A moonroof.

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

really, most of the options i have ever wanted on a metro i have added myself. ;)

an accurate volt meter, bluetooth hands free cell phone through the stereo system, more power, better handling, better brakes - you can upgrade almost everything in your driveway with simple tools to bring the metro up to modern technology standards.

MR1 Kingsbury
Member Avatar
Exp. builder/rebuilder

Tilt wheel would be awesome.. Factory tinted windows. I'm not skilled enough to do it myself and will NOT pay extraordinary amount for aftermarket tints.

sser2
sser2

6 speed manual transmission.

evmetro

t3ragtop
May 12 2018, 08:26 AM
really, most of the options i have ever wanted on a metro i have added myself. ;)

an accurate volt meter, bluetooth hands free cell phone through the stereo system, more power, better handling, better brakes - you can upgrade almost everything in your driveway with simple tools to bring the metro up to modern technology standards.
I have brought a few Metros up to modern standards, but not many people seem to understand why I do it.

2 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Members: nickb803
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Tech and Tool Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply